Specialty Schools and District Charter (Dependent)
Stockton Unified School District offers a variety of unique schools and programs to meet the needs of all types of students. From fundamental schools that inspire innovation and creativity to career pathways and STEM programs, there is a program for every type of learner.
The Specialty and Charter School Fair will take place virtually this school year. If you are interested in attending a specialty school or district dependent charter, please review the brochure and application requirements for each school. Use the link below or scan the QR code to select a school of interest and review their portfolio beginning February 7th.
For timelines and selection process for non-lottery schools of interest please check their school brochures to ensure the application process is followed and meets the required deadline.
There are seven elementary schools that implement a random selection process; Primary Years Academy, Hazelton, Kohl, Fremont, Commodore Skills, Taft, and Hong Kingston. Both the Charter and Specialty programs located at the high schools have their own application and selection requirements.
Specialty Application for Random Selection Sites:
- February 7 - Online application period opens for 2022-2023 school year
- March 8 - Online application period closes at 4:00 p.m.
- March 15 - Lottery selection processing and posting begins at 10:00 a.m https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82984599169
- April 1 - Confirmation of the status of application information is emailed or mailed to applicants their status of school selection or if placed on a waiting list
- April-June - Central Enrollment will begin the enrollment process.
As openings are available, applicants in the random selection will be placed in schools. Other applicants will be on a waiting list as determined by the random selection process. Applications received after March 8, 2022 will be added to a wait list.
For timelines and selection process for all schools please check their school websites/brochures to ensure the application is completed before the required deadline.
The second round application window will open March 28th with the list of schools and grade levels that still have space following the first round lottery.
Wait list is closed for the following sites - Kohl, Fremont, Taft, Hong Kingston and Hazelton.
Wait list is open for PYA & Commodore Skills
- Commodore Stockton Skills (K-8).Fundamental Education
- Clare Stubblefield, Principal 933-7170 ext. 4399
- Fremont-Lopez Elementary School (K-8) - Music Program
- Amber Carter, Principal 933-7385 ext. 1503
- Hazelton Elementary School (K-8) - Intensive Cooperative Learning
- Victor Zamora, Principal 933-7210 ext. 5005
- Hong Kingston Elementary School (K-8) - Spanish Dual Immersion
- Kohl Open School - Specialty School - 21st Century Learning
- Patrick Hambright, Principal 933-7235 ext. 5251
- Nightingale Charter School (K-8) - Project Based Learning
- Myra Machuca, Principal 933-7260 ext. 5903
- Primary Years Academy (K-5) - Specialty School International Baccalaureate
- Simone Martinez, Principal 933-7355 ext. 4227
- Richard Pittman Charter School (K-8) - Spanish Dual Immersion
- Emilio Junez, Principal 933-7496 ext. 8155
- Taft Elementary School (K-8)- Specialty School Montessori
- Jana Brooks, Principal 933-7285 ext. 6702
- Amos Alonzo Stagg High School (6-12) - Journalism Academy, and Agriculture
- Benjamin Franklin High School (6-12) - Construction, Welding, Computer Science
- Captain Charles M. Weber Institute of Applied Sciences & Technology - Specialty School, Health Academy, Transportation Academy, Technology Academy
- Osman Zarif, Principal 933-7330 ext. 7928
- Edward C. Merlo Environmental Technology - Specialty School, Environmental Engineering, Advocacy, and Media Arts
- Gary Phillips, Principal 933-7190 ext. 4702
- Health Careers Academy - Charter School, Biotechnology
- Aaron Mata, Principal 933-7360 ext. 8670
- Pacific Law Academy - Charter School, Legal Careers
- Joseph Martinez, Principal 933-7475 ext. 8703
- Stockton High School - Specialty School, Online and Independent Study Options
- Maryann Santella, Principal 933-7365 ext. 2370
- Stockton Unified Early College Academy (SECA) - Charter School, Early College High School
- Ty Pafford, Principal 933-7370 ext. 1490
Stockton Unified School District prohibits discrimination, intimidation, harassment (including sexual harassment), and bullying based on a person’s actual or perceived ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, immigration status, nationality, race or ethnicity, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, sexual orientation; a perception of one or more of such characteristics; or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. If you believe you, or your student, have been subjected to discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying you should contact your school site principal and/or:
- the District’s Title IX Coordinator, Enrique Torres, Legal Compliance Specialist by phone at (209) 933-7000 ext. 2195, by email at EPTorres@stocktonusd.net, or in person at 701 N. Madison St., Stockton, CA 95202.
- the District’s Equity Compliance Officer, Dr. Israel Gonzalez by phone at (209) 933-7040 ext. 2729, by email at IGonzalez@stocktonusd.net, or in person at 701 N. Madison St., Stockton, CA 95202.
- Section 504 Coordinator, Jennifer Robles by phone at (209) 933-7130 ext. 2617, by email at JRobles@stocktonusd.net, or in person at 1170 Channel St., Stockton, CA 95202.
Declaración de no Discriminación
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de Stockton prohíbe discriminación, acoso (incluyendo acoso sexual), atormentar o coercionar, e intimidación incluyendo: la discriminación contra un individuo o grupo por motivos de raza, color, ascendencia, nacionalidad, origen nacional, estado migratorio, identificación de grupo étnico, etnicidad, edad, religión, estado civil, embarazo, estado parental, discapacidad física o mental, sexo, orientación sexual, género, identidad de género, expresión de género o información genética; una percepción de una o más de tales características; o asociación con una persona o grupo, con una o más de estas características reales o percibidas. Si cree que usted, o su estudiante, han sido objeto de discriminación, amedrentamiento, intimidación o acoso escolar, debe comunicarse con el director de su escuela y/o:
- Enrique Torres, Especialista en Conformidad Legal con el Título IX del Distrito —Teléfono (209) 933-7000 ext. 2195; correo electrónico a EPTorres@stocktonusd.net; o en persona en 701 N. Madison St., Stockton, CA 95202.
- Dr. Israel González, Director en Conformidad Legal con la Equidad del Distrito —Teléfono (209) 933-7040 ext. 2729; correo electrónico a IGonzalez@stocktonusd.net; o en persona en 701 N. Madison St., Stockton, CA 95202.
- Jennifer Robles, Coordinadora de la Sección 504 —Teléfono al (209) 933-7130 ext. 2617; correo electrónico a JRobles@stocktonusd.net; o en persona en 1170 Channel St., Stockton, CA 95202.
Applying to our Specialty Schools
Specialty School applications and the priority enrollment process is only for K-8 schools. For high school programs, contact the school directly.
2022-23 Applications are accepted between February 7, 2022 until March 8, 2022 for the Priority Enrollment Lottery process.
The Enrollment Lottery will be held on March 15, 2022 at 10 AM. Parents will be informed of the Enrollment Lottery School placement beginning April 1, 2022.