Specialty Schools and District Charter (Dependent)
Stockton Unified School District offers a variety of unique schools and programs to meet the needs of all types of students. From fundamental schools that inspire innovation and creativity to career pathways and STEM programs, there is a program for every type of learner.
The Specialty and Charter School Fair will be canceled this year due to COVID-19.
If you are interested in attending a specialty school or district-dependent charter, please review the brochure and application requirements for each school. Locate the link below for the school of interest and review their portfolio. The online application window opens on January 27 at 8:00 am.
For timelines and selection process for non-lottery schools of interest please check their school brochures to ensure the application process is followed and meets the required deadline. Both the Charter and Specialty programs located at the high schools have their own application and selection requirements.
There are seven elementary schools that implement a random selection process using a lottery system: Primary Years Academy, Hazelton, Kohl, Fremont, Commodore Skills, Taft, and Hong Kingston. We are only accepting online applications. Please click on the link below to submit an application.
Open Application and Random Selection Sites:
- January 27 - Online application period opens for 2021-2022 school year
- February 24 - Online application period closes at 4:00 p.m. for random selection sites.
- March 10 - Lottery selection processing and posting begins at 10:00 a.m.
- If interested in participating or if you want more information regarding the lottery, 10AM on Wednesday, March 10.
- March 10-31 - Confirmation of the status of application information is emailed or mailed to applicants their status of school selection or if placed on a waiting list.
- April-June - Central Enrollment will begin the enrollment process.
As openings become available, applicants in the random selection will be placed in schools. If an applicant is not selected based on space at either of their school selections their name will be placed on a wait list.
Application window has closed for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Commodore Stockton Skills (K-8).Fundamental Education
- Clare Stubblefield, Principal 933-7170 ext. 4399
- Fremont-Lopez Elementary School (K-8) - Music Program
- Amber Carter, Principal 933-7385 ext. 1503
- Hazelton Elementary School (K-8) - Intensive Cooperative Learning
- Victor Zamora, Principal 933-7210 ext. 5005
- Hong Kingston Elementary School (K-8) - Spanish Dual Immersion
- Silvia Martinez, Principal 933-7493 ext. 5555
- Kohl Open School - Specialty School - 21st Century Learning
- Patrick Hambright, Principal 933-7235 ext. 5251
- Nightingale Charter School (K-8) - Project Based Learning
- Myra Machuca, Principal 933-7260 ext. 5903
- Primary Years Academy (K-5) - Specialty School International Baccalaureate
- Simone Martinez, Principal 933-7355 ext. 4227
- Richard Pittman Charter School (K-8) - Spanish Dual Immersion
- Emilio Junez, Principal 933-7496 ext. 8155
- Taft Elementary School (K-8)- Specialty School Montessori
- Jana Brooks, Principal 933-7285 ext. 6702
- Amos Alonzo Stagg High School (6-12) - Journalism Academy, and Agriculture
- Brett Toliver, Principal 933-7445 ext. 8454
- Stockton Public Safety Academy (6-12) - Public Safety Career Technical Education Pathway
- Megan Russo, Academy Coordinator 933-7445 ext. 8457
- Benjamin Franklin High School (6-12) - Construction, Welding, Computer Science
- Gamal Salama, Principal 933-7435 ext. 8207
- International Baccalaureate @ Franklin (6-12)
- Sondra Knudsen, Administrator 933-7435 ext. 8268
- Captain Charles M. Weber Institute of Applied Sciences & Technology - Specialty School, Health Academy, Transportation Academy, Technology Academy
- Osman Zarif, Principal 933-7330 ext. 7928
- Edward C. Merlo Environmental Technology - Specialty School, Environmental Engineering, Advocacy, and Media Arts
- Gary Phillips, Principal 933-7190 ext. 4702
- Health Careers Academy - Charter School, Biotechnology
- Aaron Mata, Principal 933-7360 ext. 8670
- Pacific Law Academy - Charter School, Legal Careers
- Joseph Martinez, Principal 933-7475 ext. 8703
- Stockton High School - Specialty School, Online and Independent Study Options
- Maryann Santella, Principal 933-7365 ext. 2370
- Stockton Unified Early College Academy (SECA) - Charter School, Early College High School
- Ty Pafford, Principal 933-7370 ext. 1490
Applying for our Specialty Schools
Specialty School applications and the priority enrollment process is only for the K-8 schools. For high school programs, contact the school directly.
2021-22 Applications are accepted between January 27, 2021 until February 24, 2021 for the Priority Enrollment Lottery process.
The Enrollment Lottery will be held on March 10, 2021 at 10 AM. Parents will be informed of the Enrollment Lottery School placement beginning March 10-31, 2021.