Specialty Schools and District Charter (Dependent)
Stockton Unified School District offers a variety of unique schools and programs to meet the needs of many students. Every type of learner has an opportunity. SUSD has a range of options, including fundamental schools that inspire innovation and creativity in career pathways and STEM. If interested, it is encouraged to review the portfolios of the specialized programs in the District. Chose the school of interest beginning February 13th.
Seven elementary schools implement a random selection process using a lottery system.
Commodore Skills, Fremont, Hazelton, Hong Kingston, Kohl, Primary Years Academy, Taft
Timelines and selection processes vary. For interest in non-lottery schools please check their school brochures to ensure the application process is followed and meets the required deadline.
Lottery School Important Dates:
February 13th : Online application period opens for the 2023-2024 school year.
June 16th : Online application for random selection sites closes at 4:00 p.m.
June 21st : Lottery selection postings available from 9:00 a.m.-11:00:00 a.m.
- in person @ 1800 S. Sutter St. Stockton, CA 95206
- by phone 209-933-7028
After July 10th : Confirmation and status of the application are mailed to applicants.
As openings are available, applicants in the random selection will be placed in schools. Other applicants will be on a waiting list as determined by the arbitrary selection process
- Commodore Stockton Skills (K-8).Fundamental Education
- Clare Stubblefield, Principal 933-7170 ext. 4399
- Fremont-Lopez Elementary School (K-8) - Music Program
- Amber Carter, Principal 933-7385 ext. 1503
- Hazelton Elementary School (K-8) - Intensive Cooperative Learning
- Gerri Leonardis, Principal 933-7210 ext. 5005
- Hong Kingston Elementary School (K-8) - Spanish Dual Immersion
- Kohl Open School - Specialty School - 21st Century Learning
- Patrick Hambright, Principal 933-7235 ext. 5251
- Nightingale Charter School (K-8) (non lottery)- Project Based Learning
- Myra Machuca, Principal 933-7260 ext. 5903
- Primary Years Academy (K-5) - Specialty School International Baccalaureate
- Simone Martinez, Principal 933-7355 ext. 4227
- Richard Pittman Charter School (K-8) -(non lottery) Spanish Dual Immersion
- Emilio Junez, Principal 933-7496 ext. 8155
- Taft Elementary School (K-8)- Specialty School Montessori
- Jana Brooks, Principal 933-7285 ext. 6702
- Amos Alonzo Stagg High School (6-12) - Journalism Academy, and Agriculture
- Brett Toliver, Principal 933-7445 ext. 8454
- Stockton Public Safety Academy (6-12) - Public Safety Career Technical Education Pathway
- Emmanuel Calderon, Academy Coordinator 933-7445 ext. 8489
- Benjamin Franklin High School (6-12) - Construction, Welding, Computer Science
- Captain Charles M. Weber Institute of Applied Sciences & Technology - Specialty School, Health Academy, Transportation Academy, Technology Academy
- Osman Zarif, Principal 933-7330 ext. 7928
- Edward C. Merlo Environmental Technology - Specialty School, Environmental Engineering, Advocacy, and Media Arts
- Gary Phillips, Principal 933-7190 ext. 4702
- Health Careers Academy - Charter School, Biotechnology
- Aaron Mata, Principal 933-7360 ext. 8670
- Pacific Law Academy - Charter School, Public Service Careers
- Kraig Jorgensen, Interim Principal 933-7475 ext. 8703
- Stockton High School - Specialty School, Online and Independent Study Options
- Tommy Mogan, Principal 933-7365 ext. 2370
- Stockton Unified Early College Academy (SECA) - Charter School, Early College High School
- Ty Pafford, Principal 933-7370 ext. 1490
District programs and activities (educational, employment, and vocational/adult education) shall be free from discrimination based on gender/sex (including sexual harassment), gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion (religious creed, national origin/immigration status, ancestry, ethnic group, marital or parental status, pregnancy, denial of family care leave, age, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, medical condition (Cancer), Vietnam era veteran status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics, or any other unlawful consideration.
If you believe you, or your student, have been subjected to discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying you should contact your school site principal and/or: the District’s Title IX Coordinator, Sharon Womble, Interim Director of Constituent Services by phone at (209) 933-7000 ext. 2195, by email SWomble@stocktonusd.net, or in person at 56 South Lincoln Street, Stockton, CA 95202. 504 Coordinator, Jennifer Robles at (209) 933-7130 or by email JRobles@stocktonusd.net
Applying to our Specialty Schools
Specialty School applications and the priority enrollment process is only for K-8 schools. For high school programs, contact the school directly.
2023-24 Applications are accepted between February 13, 2023 until June 16, 2023 @ 4:00 p.m. for the Priority Enrollment Lottery process.
The Enrollment Lottery will be held on June 30, 2023 at 10 AM. Parents will be informed of the Enrollment Lottery School placement beginning July 10, 2023.