• Work Permits

    If you are not an SUSD student, please go to your home district to apply for a work permit.

    Where do I Obtain a Work Permit?

    • Students at Chavez, Edison, Franklin, and Stagg High are issued work permits through their site's Work Experience Teacher. 
    • Students at Health Careers Academy, Merlo, Weber, SECA, Jane Frederick, and Stockton High are issued work permits through the CTE Department located at 56 S. Lincoln Street, Stockton, CA 95203.

    How to Obtain a Work Permit

    1. Students eligible for a work permit must have a 2.0 GPA and satisfactory attendance.  These will be confirmed by the Work Experience Teacher or administrator issuing the work permit.
    2. Students will print out the Form B1-1 Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for Work Permit-Certificate of Age or pick one up from their school office.
    3. Students will complete Minor’s Information and School Information.
    4. Parent or legal guardians must sign their portion of the form.
    5. Students must return completed Form B1-1 with all signatures. (Note locations above)
    6. If the permit cannot be written when dropped off, students will be contacted when the Work Permit is ready (usually 24 to 48 hours) to be picked up.  
    7. Students must take the completed Permit to Employ and Work (Form B1-4) back to the employer.


    • Work Permit Applications must be signed by the employer.
    • A parent or guardian must also sign the application.
    • The student’s social security number is required to process a work permit.
    • Student ID will be verified through district records.
    • The completed “official” work permit is signed by the student and the approved administrator, so the student MUST BE PRESENT to pick it up.
    • Each new job site requires a new work permit.
    • All work permits expire one week after the new school year begins.