Stockton Unified 1852 Foundation
The purpose of the Stockton Unified School District 1852 Foundation is to enhance the educational opportunities of District students and supporting District events. The 1852 Foundation will provide financial support for such opportunities as:
- Participation in academic competitions, such as Skills USA events, San Joaquin County Pentathlon, Science Olympiad or similar academic events; and
- Training for academic events, including Mock Trial competitions, speech and debate events, Skills USA, and other similar opportunities
JOIN THE FOUNDATION FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE
The 1852 Foundation is seeking dedicated and experienced community members who are passionate about supporting educational opportunities for students at Stockton Unified School District.
Duties and Responsibilities of Committee Members:
The Fundraising Committee is responsible for overseeing the 1852 Foundation’s overall fundraising, including the fundraising activities conducted in conjunction with other organizations. To accomplish this, the Fundraising Committee’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Determining the Board’s fundraising expectation and goals.
- Establishing a fundraising plan that incorporates a series of appropriate vehicles, such as special events, direct mail, product sales, etc.
- Identifying and recruiting community leaders to serve on the fundraising committee.
- Analyzing relationships with current and prospective major donors and developing individualized strategies to cultivate and strengthen those relationships.
- Analyzing relationships with current and prospective sponsors, developing sponsorship packages, and working to develop those relationships.
- Working with fundraising staff of other organizations, such as Community Foundation of San Joaquin, in their efforts to raise money.
- Being responsible for involvement of all Board members in fundraising, such as having Board members make telephone calls to ask for support.
- Monitoring fundraising efforts to be sure that ethical practices are in place, that donors are acknowledged appropriately, and that fundraising efforts are cost-effective.
- Reporting back to the full Board during board meetings.
If you are interested in serving on the 1852 Foundation Fundraising Committee, please complete the application online at www.stocktonusd.net/1852fundraising, submit your application via email to VLynch@stocktonusd.net, or print and mail the application to the following address:
Stockton Unified School District 1852 Foundation
701 North Madison Street
Stockton, CA 95202
Attn: Community Relations Office
Hard copies of the application are also avaialble at the front desk of the Stockton Unified District Office. All applications must be received by 4PM on Friday, January 18, 2019.
Apply for a Foundation Grant
All Stockton Unified teachers are able to apply for an 1852 Foundation Grant to pay for student participation in academic programs outside the regular classroom that advance student achievement.
NOTE: Applications will not be accepted for the rest of the 2018-2019 school year. For questions, please contact the SUSD Community Relations Department at (209)933-7025.
Make a Donation
Dear Friend of Stockton Unified,
We are pleased to announce the re-launch of Stockton Unified’s charitable 1852 Foundation. This non-profit fundraising organization has joined Community Foundation of San Joaquin and refined its purpose to provide funds for academic advancement that fall outside the general fund. These opportunities include things like participation in academic pentathlons, decathlons, Mock Trial competitions, science/STEM tournaments or literary contests.
We are asking you to help us. We know you share our view that Stockton Unified's 39,000 students play an integral part in the fabric of our city and we invite you to help us give them the best possible chances at success.
Donation checks and/or cash may be mailed to the SUSD 1852 Foundation at 701 N. Madison St., Stockton, CA, 95202. Please make checks payable to "SUSD 1852 Foundation." Thank you for supporting academic achievement.
1852 FOUNDATION EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Lange Luntao, SUSD Board Trustee
Cecilia Mendez, SUSD Board Trustee
Maria Mendez, SUSD Board Trustee
Community Relations Department
701 N. Madison Street
Stockton, CA 95202
2017-2018 School Year in Review
During the 2017-18 school year, the not-for-profit raised $22,329 and awarded $17,577 to help teachers and students pay for extracurricular programs focused on achievement. The Foundation has about $60,000 in savings and another $14,000 to help with next year’s fundraising efforts.
This year the foundation awards included: the Victory Elementary School library, Stagg High School literary magazine, El Dorado Elementary fifth grade trip to the science Exploratorium, Monroe Elementary participation in the San Joaquin County Academic Pentathlon, Pittman Elementary School and King Elementary participation in the California Scholastic State Youth Chess Championships and other chess tournaments, the first-ever SUSD drone competition held by Pittman Elementary, and Chavez High School Titan’s Jazz.
This year the foundation once again was able to fund diabetes camps for students who have missed significant class time due to illnesses. The summer camps are a way for these students, who fall behind in classwork, to get up to grade level and prepare for the following year.
The 1852 Foundation thanks the following generous donors who made these grants possible: Dale Scott & Co., Keenan & Associates, Ojo Technology, Imagine Learning, Sy Tech Solutions, J.L. Bray & Son, ACME Construction, Schneider Electric, Dannis, Wolliver, Kelley Law Offices, Teter LLP, Roebbelen Contracting, First Commercial Real Estate, Architechnica, Verde Design, Bud West, and Marie Nakamura. Thanks as well to all of those who made the annual Casino Night fundraiser such a success, including the dozens of school principals and administrators who attended.