Frequently Asked Questions
What is an Induction Program?
- The pathway from a Preliminary Teaching Credential to the California Clear Credential as mandated by SB 2042
- Two years of individualized, job-embedded support provided by experienced Mentor trained on the implementation of the California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTP)
- Job-embedded professional development driven by an Individual Learning Plan (ILP)
- Dedicated, weekly support from an Induction Mentor
How do I participate in the SUSD Induction Program?
- Attend the SUSD Teacher Induction Program Information meeting where you will receive an overview of program requirements
- Complete an Induction Candidate Application
- Work with your assigned Mentor as outlined in the Candidate Roles & Responsibilities
How do I receive my California Clear Credential through the CA Teacher Induction Program?
- Upon completion of all program requirements, the SUSD Induction Program will recommend eligible Candidates to the CTC for a California Clear Credential.