Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee
The Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee meets during the year to review the district’s bond income and its expenditures of bond monies. Education Code prescribes that the committee be comprised of representatives from very specific areas, including:
- One member from the business community located in the school district boundaries
- One member representing a senior citizens’ organization
- One member representing a bona fide taxpayers’ association
- One member must be a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the district
- One member must be a district parent who is active in a parent-teacher organization, such as the school site council or Parent Teacher Association
District employees cannot be appointed to the committee, nor can district vendors, contractors or consultants.