Form 1095-C for the 2023 Benefit Plan Year will be mailed to employees by 3/1/2024.
- Form 1095-C provides information about the District offered health insurance coverage and whether you were enrolled in District health coverage during the 2023 plan year. While the information on the form may assist in preparing your individual income tax return, it is not required to be filed with your taxes.
- Form 1095-B will be sent to you directly by your health insurance carrier (i.e. Kaiser, Anthem, Blue Shield, etc.). This form provides information on which months during 2023, both you and any dependents were enrolled in health coverage. Please contact the insurance carrier directly, if you have not received this form.
SUSD’s DEPENDENT VERIFICATION REVIEW (DVR) - Happening Now through March 15, 2024
SUSD is working with American Fidelity Assurance Company to conduct a Dependent Verification Review (DVR) to verify the eligibility of dependents covered in the District’s health benefit plans. During the review period, every benefits eligible SUSD employee will need to meet with an American Fidelity Benefits Counselor, to show the required verification documents for enrolled dependents, in order to verify their eligibility to remain covered on their benefit plans.
More information and the required dependent verification documents can be found in the SUSD DVR Letter listed below.
Employees will need to schedule their in-person or virtual appointment with an American Fidelity Benefit Counselor. In-person appointments will be conducted on specific days at each District site during the review period. Virtual appointments will require access to internet and camera (to show your verification documents).
- To schedule your DVR appointment please click here
*Special accommodations are available upon request, by contacting American Fidelity directly at 1-800-365-8306 ext. 1
IMPORTANT NOTE: Failure to meet with an American Fidelity Benefit Counselor and complete your review will affect your dependent’s benefit coverage.
If you do not complete the DVR process, your dependent’s benefit coverage will be terminated from SUSD’s benefit plans effective May 1, 2024.
If you need assistance in scheduling, confirming or rescheduling your appointment, please contact American Fidelity at 1-800-365-8306 ext. 1
Planning to Retire?
Thinking about or planning to retire and want to know your health benefit options in retirement? Please see the Retiree Health section of this page for retiree benefit plan and rate information.
Contact the Benefits Department at 209-933-7026 or Email: Benefits@stocktonusd.net for information on your eligibility to continue health benefits into retirement.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available for all SUSD employees through Optum. The Optum EAP is a confidential information and counseling service benefit provided to you and your family members at no-cost. Listed below, are just some of the many resources available to you through the EAP.
- 24/7 access to a master's-level employee assistance specialist by calling 1-866-248-4096 or visit online at liveandworkwell.com
- Up to 8 free counseling sessions (per event per year) with an EAP Clinician, in-person or virtually
- Legal counseling and mediation services
- Expert financial coaching
- Child and family support
- Adult and elder-care support
Have a Life-Changing Event?
You only have 60-days from the date of:
Loss/Gain of Coverage, Marriage/Domestic Partnership, Birth/Adoption of Child to notify the SUSD Benefits Department and make your benefit changes.
Benefits Enrollment/Change Forms you will need to complete and submit are located under the Enrollment Forms section. Completed benefit enrollment forms and verification documents can be scanned/emailed to the Benefits Department at Benefits@stocktonusd.net for processing.
Loss/Gain of Outside Health Coverage
Need proof of the loss/gain of outside health coverage: letter from the insurance carrier/employer, or COBRA notice that confirms the date you and any dependents lost/gained outside health coverage
Need Certified Marriage Certificate or State of California Domestic Partnership Certificate, Spouse/Partner's SSN card, and current Federal Income Tax Return (Form 1040) – for covered Spouse/Domestic Partner if you file taxes together
- If no joint tax return, then a recent (dated within last 60-days) household bill (ex. utility, cell phone, car insurance, bank/loan statement, etc.) with your name and Spouse/Domestic Partner’s name listed
- If no joint household bill, then separate household bills (dated within the last 60-days) that show the same common residence
Birth/Adoption of Child
Need certified Birth Certificate and Child's SSN card (NOTE: Certified Birth Certificate and SSN card take time to receive, so the Hospital issued Birth Certificate must be provided for the initial enrollment)
Need a copy of the stamped final divorce decree: the final date will end coverage at the end of that month
Death of Dependent
Need a copy of the death certificate
Questions on your current policies, or to make changes/cancel your policies, please contact American Fidelity at 1-800-365-8306