Child Welfare and Attendance (CWA) has the privilege and responsibility to support students and families. Child Welfare has several areas of accountability with a focus on increasing school attendance. These efforts are supported by CWA High School Counselors, CWA’s Social Services Case Managers, and Truancy Outreach Specialists, who are assigned specific school sites, and provide student support to encourage improved school attendance. Our primary goal is to ensure that all students in our community know that they matter and we are here to support them.
Home Visits are conducted to support our primary goal and include but are not limited to:
- Attendance Improvement Recognition
- Support/Follow-Ups as Needed
- To attempt contact when all numbers in synergy have been exhausted and we have not been able to make contact.
- Welfare Checks
Home Visits During COVID-19:
- Home Visits will take place with all PPE be observed (face masks, social distancing, hand hygiene as applicable).
- Home visits will occur outside of the home. social distanced.