Delta Sierra Adult Education Alliance


    COVID-19 Support Resources FAQ's

     Arabic      Mandarin      Spanish     Urdu     Vietnamese

    Your local adult school is here to support you during this time.  To discuss your specific situation and get connected to resources, sign up for text alerts! Text COVID19 to 211211 (and respond with your zip code) to receive COVID updates 


    I’ve heard getting public services will hurt my immigration status. What am I eligible for and where can I get more information?

    • There is lots of misinformation - Undocumented students are eligible for many services that will not hurt your status
      • California has a financial support program for undocumented
      • There are health care options for undocumented if you get sick
    • Undocumented students can get legal assistance, financial help, medical care and other services
    • Contact the following people to learn what benefits you can receive
      • Catholic Charities/Delta College Dreamer Center Mike Lopez
      • Adult School counselors and transition specialists

    Where can I find updated translated Covid-19 information?

    The organization Legal Aid has developed comprehensive FAQ documents covering the basics of COVID and undocumented workers rights. Undocumented immigrants are eligible for Disability Insurance and Paid Family Leave Leave programs.

    Where can I get food assistance? 

    • Lodi Community Center, 415 S Sacramento St. Daily pickup at 1. Photo ID and Address info required (209-331-7516)
    • Manteca Second Harvest Food Bank, 704 Industrial Park Drive. Open M-F, 9am-2pm. No info required
    • Stockton Food Bank, 7 W. Scotts Avenue. Open M-F, 9am-12pm. Photo ID and Address info required
    • Tracy Interfaith, 311 West Grant Line Rd. Open M-Th, 10am-2pm.  Photo ID and Tracy Address info. 2-Week supply
    • Visit Community Connections SJC online and do a “food” search 

    Where can I get Financial Help?

    What can I do to get a laptop or internet access to support work or school from home activities? 

    • Discuss your technology needs with your local adult school
    • Comcast and AT&T are both offering Free/Low Cost Internet Service 

    Who can I contact for mental health or self care support? 

    • Call your regular doctor, or San Joaquin County Behavioral Health: 209-468-9370 
    • For immediate help, call the Crisis Line: 209-468-8686 or National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
    • Refer to the California Surgeon General's Playbook for Stress Relief During COVID-19

    What if I become a victim of domestic violence during COVID-19?