COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
Class Cancellations Extended Through the Remainder of the 2019-2020 School Year. Click here to learn more.
NOTICE: ALL SUSD OFFICES, BUILDINGS, & FACILITIES ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC
To minimize the spread of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus), all Stockton Unified School District Offices, Buildings, and Facilities will close to the public beginning Tuesday, March 17th, 2020. These closures will be in effect through the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.
Families looking to enroll students for the 2019-2020 school year will be able to do so using our online registration tool at www.stocktonusd.net/enrollment beginning Monday, March 23. Registration for Preschool, Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten is now open. Additional enrollment and transfer information is available on our Centralized Enrollment Department webpage.
The public is encouraged to communicate with the District. Please email all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail for staff at (209) 933-7070.
TK-12 Distance Learning
Week 2 Packets Online at www.stocktonusd.net/LearnFromHome
Chromebook Troubleshooting Tips and Resources | Consejos y recursos para la resolución de problemas de Chromebook
Chromebook distribution for the 2019-2020 school year has ended. If you are in need of a Chromebook to complete summer school work or your Chromebook is experiencing issues, please contact your school site directly for support. For all other technology issues or hotspot information, please email email@example.com.
Hotspots are extremely limited, so please also contact XFinity, Comcast, or ATT for their free and reduced-price internet deals; their information can be found in our Internet Resources document. Please note that you may need to provide the companies with this letter to prove Free- and Reduced-Price Lunch eligibility.
Breakfast and Lunch Pick-up Sites
April 30, 2020
Dear SUSD Families and Students,
Beginning Tuesday, May 5, Stockton Unified School District will be updating the locations of meal pickups for any child 18 and under during distance learning, while physical classes are canceled.
The District provides meal pickups twice per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM at the sites listed below.
- On Tuesdays, children will receive meals for Tuesday and Wednesday
- On Thursdays, children will receive meals for Thursday, Friday, and Monday
Updated locations* beginning Tuesday, May 5, 2020:
2101 Sutro Ave.
Chavez High School
2929 Windflower Lane.
Commodore Stockton Skills
2725 Michigan Ave.
Edison High School
100 W. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
El Dorado Elementary
1540 N. Lincoln St.
Franklin High School
4600 E. Fremont St.
2021 E. Flora St
Hong Kingston Elementary
6324 N. Alturas Ave.
630 Ponce de Leon Ave.
2640 E. Lafayette St.
2843 Farmington Rd.
San Joaquin Elementary
2020 S. Fresno Ave.
536 S. California St.
Stagg High School
1621 Brookside Rd.
419 Downing Ave.
Van Buren Elementary
1628 E. Tenth St.
The last day of service for Elmwood, McKinley, Pittman, and Victory elementary schools is Thursday, April 30.
*Sites and serving times are subject to change, so please check the District website at www.stocktonusd.net/COVID-19 often for the most accurate, up-to-date information.
Social Distancing Practices and Meal Pickup Procedure
Whether you drive or walk to the site, the following procedures will be in place:
- Staff will ask the number of children you are picking up meals for,
- Staff will place the meals at the end of a table or cart,
- After the staff have moved to the opposite end of the table or cart, the parent/guardian can approach the table or cart and pick up the meals,
- The parent/guardian should not touch the table.
Dr. John E. Deasy, Superintendent
Student Support Services Helpline: 209-933-7111
Call 209-933-7070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- *NEW* At-Risk Population Guideline Update
- *NEW* Parent and Student Update Regarding AP Exams | Spanish
- *NEW* COVID Testing Sites in San Joaquin County | Spanish
- Pandemic EBT Benefits | Spanish
- May 5: Teen Talk Distance Learning Parent Letter 7th Grade | Spanish
- May 5: Teen Talk Distance Learning Parent Letter 9th Grade | Spanish
- May 1: SUSD Clinic Opening | Spanish
- May 1: Prior Written Notice | Spanish
- April 30: Meal Service Update | Spanish
- April 24: Weekly Message from Superintendent | Spanish
- April 20: Letter to the Class of 2020 | Spanish
- April 16: Letter to Families Regarding Promotions & Graduations | Spanish
- April 10: Ongoing Technical Support | Spanish
- April 10: Video Postcard from Superintendent Deasy
- April 10: Childcare for Children of Essential Workers | Spanish
- DIY Cloth Face Cover Instructions
- April 5: Face Covering Recommendation from the CDC | Spanish
- Video Postcard from Superintendent Deasy
- April 2: Extended Class Cancellations | Spanish
- April 1: Technology Distribution | Spanish
- April 1: Meal Service Update | Spanish
- March 26: Prior Written Notice | Spanish
- March 26: Board Meeting, full video recording >
- March 26: Technology Access Survey for Families
- March 25: Extended Class Cancellations | Spanish
- March 25: Press Release - SUSD Class Cancellation Extended
- March 24: Student Support Services Helpline | Spanish
- March 24: Press Release - Student Support Services Helpline
- March 20: Essential Services in SUSD | Spanish
- Parental Rights in California Special Education | Spanish
- Information on Superintendent Deasy's Telephone Town Hall Meetings
- March 19: Prior Written Notice | Spanish
- March 18: Distance Learning Letter to Parents | Spanish | Hmong
- March 17: Press Release - Enrollment Information Through Closure | Spanish
- March 16: Breakfast and Lunch Pick-up Sites | Spanish
- Meal Service Map | Spanish
- March 16: Press Release - SUSD Offices, Buildings, and Facilities Closed Effective March 17
- March 13: All SUSD Classes Canceled Effective March 16 | Spanish
- March 12: New and Additional Guidance for District and School Events | Spanish
- Frequently Asked Questions for Families | Spanish
- March 10: SUSD Parent Notification | Spanish
- March 6: SUSD Parent Notification | Spanish
- March 3: SUSD Parent Notification | Spanish
- February 28: SUSD Parent Notification | Spanish
- January 28: SUSD Health Services Notice Regarding COVID-19
SUSD Staff Memos
- *NEW* TB & CPR Renewal Postponement
- *NEW* Taking Attendance During Distance Learning
- Uniform drop off at PD Dept
- April 7, 2020 Infographic for Staff: Stay Safe and Healthy
- April 4, 2020 Staff Memo: Face Covers and Masks | Spanish
- April 6, 2020 Staff Memo: Dear Substitute Teachers
- April 1, 2020 Staff Memo: Family Resource and Referral Center of San Joaquin (FRRCSJ)
- March 24, 2020 STA Memo: At-Risk Populations
- March 16, 2020 Staff Memo: Work Status
- March 15, 2020 Staff Memo: Home Isolation Requirement
- March 13, 2020 Staff Memo: Governor Newsome has signed Executive Order N-26-20, which continues to fund schools if a district closes in response to COVID-19. As a part of that executive order, the Governor states that those funds would be used to continue to pay employees.
- *NEW* Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) Cards for Families
- *NEW* Dealing With Coronavirus Anxiety: Expert Tips
- Help for Students in a Crisis
- PBIS: Behavior at Home
- PBIS: Behavior Teaching Matrix for Remote Instruction
- PBIS: Supporting Families with PBIS at Home
- Family Self-Care Tips | Spanish
- High School Moderate to Severe Resources | Spanish
- Adapted Physical Education
- Tips for Calming Anxiety Surrounding COVID-19
- Top 10 Strategies for High-Quality Home Learning in a Distance Learning Environment | Espanol
- COVID-19 Food and Safety Resources
- A National Crisis Text Line - Text HOME to 741741
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - (24/7 Hotline): 1-800-273-8255
- 10 ways to Secure Zoom
- YMCA San Joaquin County
- All City Rotary Fundraiser - Emergency Food Bank
- Internet Connectivity Resources
- CA State PTA Coronavirus Information
- College Board Coronavirus Updates
- Social and Emotional Learning
- SUSD Distance Learning Packets: www.stocktonusd.net/LearnFromHome
- San Joaquin County Clinics (Eng & Sp)
- Talking to Children About COVID-19, a parent resource | Spanish
(National Association of School Nurses & National Association of School Psychologists)
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) FAQs | Spanish | Vietnamese
(County of LA Public Health)
- COVID-19 Health Information | Spanish
- Stop Germs – Wash Your Hands | Spanish
- Energy Assistance
- Resources and Information for Immigrant Communities in the Central Valley
County, State, and National COVID-19 Websites
Office of California Governor Gavin Newsom
- Governor Newsom Signs Executive Order Ensuring State Funding for Schools Even in Event of Physical Closure
San Joaquin County Public Health Services (SJCPHS) Website: www.sjcphs.org
California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Website: www.cdph.ca.gov
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Website: www.cdc.gov
California Department of Education (CDE) Website: www.cde.ca.gov
San Joaquin County Office of Education (SJCOE) Website: www.sjcoe.org