Scholarships & Grants
SUSD Local Scholarship Catalog | SUSD Scholarship Application: A collection of scholarships offered by local (Stockton) individuals, service clubs, and other organizations. To apply, use the SUSD Scholarship Application provided. Applications are due every year on January 31.
The California Promise Grant is specifically for students attending California Community Colleges (CCC). For eligible California residents, the California College Promise Grant permits your enrollment fees (currently $46 per unit) to be waived. Nearly half of the 2.1 million students enrolled at CCC campuses receive free tuition through this program.
The Chafee Grant is money you do not need to pay back. If you are or were in foster care for at least one day between the ages of 16 and 18 as a dependent or ward of the court and have financial need, you may qualify for up to $5,000 per year for college, technical, vocational, or trade school. The Chafee Grant Program is overseen through a partnership of the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) and the California Department of Social Services (CDSS). You can use your Chafee Grant at any eligible school in California or in other states. You may also use your grant to help pay for childcare, transportation, and rent while you are going to school.
Financial Center Credit Union: Financial Center is accepting applications through April 26 for college grants. Click the link to read more.
Gates Millenium Scholars Program: The Gates Millenium Scholars Program provides an opportunity for thousands of outstanding Pell Grant-eligible students of color to reach their fullest potential.
ICanAffordCollege.com: The “I Can Afford College” campaign is a statewide, financial aid awareness initiative sponsored by the California Community Colleges. The site will connect you with financial aid for community colleges in California.
Jackie Robinson Foundation scholarship application is now available! The Jackie Robinson Foundation provides four-year scholarships of $30,000 and extensive support services, including career guidance and internship placement, to highly motivated African American students who have maintained a 98% college graduation rate.
Job Redi Grant (previously the Cortopassi Family Foundation Vocational Scholarship Program): Receive $2,500 per semester, up to a maximum of $10,000. Scholarships may be used for all personal expenses while a full-time student in a two-year certificate program at a qualifying school. Spanish Poster.
Pathways: Financing Higher Ed Blog Contest (deadline is May 7th)
- Students (grades 9-12) that complete the Pathways Financing Higher Education course can enter to win a $1,000 529 Gift Card Scholarship. Linked here are the contest details and submission form.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company Foundation is Awarding $250,000 in STEM Scholarships to Local Students. The program will award 20 scholarships of $10,000 each and 20 scholarships of $2,500 each. The application deadline is June 1, 2021; Awards of Up to $10,000. Apply here.
- Applications are open to graduating high school seniors, current college students, U.S. military veterans, and adults returning to school who are PG&E customers at the time of application.
- Applicants must plan to enroll in the full-time undergraduate study for the entire 2021-2022 academic year and be seeking their first undergraduate degree at an accredited four-year institution in California.
- Students enrolled in the following majors are eligible: Engineering (electrical, mechanical, industrial, environmental, power and/or energy) Computer Science, Information Systems or Cyber Security Environmental Sciences
Rotary Club of Stockton Scholarships:
- The Twenty-Five Rotarian Community Service Scholarship
- Frank Thornton Smith Music Scholarship
- La Rue Vocational and Technical Scholarship
San Joaquin Area Apprenticeship Coordinators Association: Find a union apprenticeship here! A union apprenticeship is an excellent career choice if you like to work with your hands and are willing to serve an apprenticeship for up to five years (depending on selected trade).
Utility Telecom Scholarship: Scholarship for students interested in pursuing higher education in the field of Engineering.
University of the Pacific Community Involvement Program: The Community Involvement Program (CIP) is a comprehensive, need-based scholarship program for first-generation college students from the Stockton community who have demonstrated the potential for sustainable leadership, community awareness, and involvement.