Summer Program (for incoming CCHS 8th Graders)
Summer Dates and Times
- Football starting June 3,
- Practice: Monday - Friday 3 - 6 pm meet in room M20
- Boy's & Girl's Volleyball Starting June 3,
- Practice: Mon, Wed & Fri - Frosh and JV Girls 12 - 2 pm
- Varsity Boys and Varsity Girls 2 - 4 in the gym
- Girl's Basketball Starting June 3,
- Practice: Monday and Wednesday 5 - 7 pm in the gym
- Boy's Basketball Starting June 3,
- Practice: Monday and Wednesday 7 - 9 pm in the gym
- Fridays 5:30 - 9 pm in the gym
- Boy's Soccer Starting June 4,
- Practice: Tuesday and Thursday 6 - 8 pm in the stadium
- Baseball Summer League Tryouts
- June 3 at 3pm at the varsity baseball field
- Wrestling Tues and Thursday 2:30 - 4 pm in the gym mezzanine.
Sport by Season
- Fall Sports: Girls Tennis, Girls Golf, Volleyball, Football, Cross Country, and Cheer
- Winter Sports: Boys and Girls Basketball, Boys and Girls Wrestling, Girls Soccer, Boys Soccer, and Cheer
- Spring Sports: Boys Tennis, Boys Golf, Badminton, Track, Baseball, Softball, and Swim
- CIF sets the start dates for each sport as well as the last possible contact dates. Teams not in their season must follow the CIF guidelines established for out of season activities or limited periods. Teams need to do either out of season or limited (can't flip between the two options for activities not done during a season). See the CIF link http://www.cifsjs.org/sports-playoffs/ to see approved dates.
- Conditioning/Weight Training does not need to follow these dates, athletes may condition year around at the school.
Students must have Signature forms completed and signed to receive a Try Out card.
- Football starting June 3,
Trying out for Titan Athletics
Conditioning programs are starting June 25th 2020. You need a tryout card to participate. They will be distributed on June 25th from 3-5 in the main office. Follow our social media sites for more coming announcements in regards to dates and times as well as other sports starting up.
a. Twitter @chavezathletics
b. Instagram idk the @Athletic Participation packets (no student can participate/try-out without turning this in)...
- Please click on link Player Packet to the right get all the forms needed
- TO GET A TRYOUT CARD A PLAYER MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING
1. READ ALL THE DOCUMENTS IN THE PLAYER PACKET
2. COMPLETE THE SIGNATURE FORM
3. COMPLETE THE EMERGENCY CARD FORM
4. TURN IN A VALID PHYSICA
WINTER SPORT CONDITIONING
Must have a physical packet turned in. Get the packets at the Health Office and return completed packets to AD Goedhart in room F104. Make sure book bills are cleared as well.
- ALL TRANSFERS who wish to participate in a sport must fill out all CIF paperwork. This can be found on the section website listed on this page. No student will be eligible to participate until all paperwork has been signed by prinicpals at both schools and has been submitted to the Section Office and ruled on by the Section Commissioner.
- Athletic Study Hall Schedule
- Location: A304
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays
- Reminder, mandatory 2 hours per week for all non-varsity players and all varsity players with below a 3.0 GPA
- See Mr. Goedhart for more details if needed
- Sports Tryout dates