To obtain a Work Permit, you need to do the following…
- Secure employment (promise of a job).
- Fill out a Request form (available in Mr. Calder’s office).
- Meet the requirements for obtaining a Work Permit.
Requirements for obtaining a Work Permit…
- Have and maintain a GPA of 2.0 or above (NO F’s).
- Good attendance in all classes.
- No behavioral or disciplinary issues.
We offer an elective class (Work Experience) to 11th & 12th graders...
- Bring in your most recent pay stub.
- Fill out a Training Agreement (available in Mr. Calder’s office).
- Open Enrollment during the first 3 weeks of each semester.
Applications for work permits are available from the Work Experience Coordinator at each school site during the School Year. All work permits expire one week after the following school year begins.
Summer work permits are available at the Child Welfare & Attendance office, 1144 E. Channel St., Room 105, beginning the day after school is out for summer. Summer work permits expire one week after the following school year begins.
Work Experience Coordinator
Cesar Chavez High School (A129)
Phone: 209-933-7480 Ext. 8932
Office Hours: Monday - Friday (normal school hours)