How to get a Work Permit?
Students need to do the following...
- Secure employment (get a JOB).
- Meet the Minimum School Requirements (grades, attendance, discipline).
- Pick up an Application Request Form (B1-1) from Mr. Calder's Office.
- Fill out the application (B1-1) and return it when completed.
- Take your official Work Permit (B1-4) to your employer.
- Monday 9:00 - 3:00
- Tuesday 9:00 - 3:00
- Wednesday Closed: OFF Campus
- Thursday 9:00 - 1:00
- Friday 9:00 - 3:00
Work Experience Coordinator
Cesar Chavez High School
Phone: 209-933-7480 Ext. 8932
- Labor Laws Brochure
- SUSD Work Permits and Work Experience Education
- Young Workers Health and Safety Website
Let's Get A Job!
- Get hired with no work experience
- What Does Customer Service Mean to You
- 10 Reasons Why You Didn't Get The Job
- WorkNet Job Seekers Workshops
- WorkNet Teen Job Seekers Website
- Explore Careers, Training, Job Search, Find Local Help
Sample Interview Questions
- T-Mobile Job Interview Questions
- Panera Bread Job Interview Questions
- Old Navy Job Interview Questions
- Verizon Job Interview Questions
You Got A Job!
- Don't Be A Jerk: Dos and Don'ts of asking for time off work
- Download the Young Workers App - it has all the laws and policies that are relevant to you!
- Things to Know About Getting Your First and Last Paycheck
- How to Handle Leaving Your Job
- More on Final Paychecks
Links to Check Out!
- Job Corp
- Peace Corp
- Department of Industrial Relations - Do you need to know laws that apply to teen workers? Do you need to file a complaint? If you have questions, talk to your Work Experience Coordinator.
- NIOSH - National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health - Find out about safety and health on the job for youth.