ATHLETIC ELIGIBILITY AT EDISON HIGH SCHOOL
To participate in athletics at Edison, students must fulfill several criteria:
- Student must pass a physical examination. Students can take physicals with their own doctor or at the Edison Health Center (209-444-8300). A physical clearance must be on file before student can participate in any athletic activity (practice, conditioning, open gym, etc.).
- Student must have all textbooks turned in and have no textbook bill with Stockton Unified School District.
- Students must be enrolled in 15 credits per semester (3 classes).
- Students must have passed:
- 15 credits in the previous semester.
- 30 credits combined in the previous two semesters.
- There is no probation for the credit requirement.
- AND/OR be on track to graduate.
- Students must have a 2.0 grade point average (GPA) from the previous semester as well as fulfilled the credit requirement.
- There is a freshman only probationary period of 1 semester for freshman who do not have a 2.0 GPA. The probationary period is automatically used if the student plays a Fall Sport. If the student does not use freshman probation, it does NOT roll over to grades 10-12. It is a use it or lose it probation.
- There is a second probation period for students grades 10-12 who do not earn a 2.0 GPA. This probation period can only be used 1 time during the 10-12 grades. Students must meet the credit requirement to be eligible to use probation.
- Students must have a signed Athletic Contract
- Students must have a completed Emergency Card
- Students must be a student at Edison HS OR live in the Edison attendance area and attend either Weber, SECA, HCA, or Merlo.
Athletes must sign up at www.familyID.com and upload their physical to their profiles.