How to get a Work Permit?
Students need to do the following...
Meet the Minimum School Requirements (grades, attendance, discipline).
Secure employment (get a JOB).
Pick up an Application Request Form B1-1 and return it to Mr. Balcao's Office.
You will be notified when your Work Permit is ready.
Take your Work Permit (B1-4) to your employer.
Work Experience Coordinator
Edison High School
Office: C20 Office
Phone: 209-933-7425 ext 8078
- Labor Laws Brochure
- SUSD Work Permits and Work Experience Education
- Young Workers Health and Safety Website
Let's Get A Job!
- Get hired with no work experience
- What Does Customer Service Mean to You
- 10 Reasons Why You Didn't Get The Job
- WorkNet Job Seekers Workshops
- WorkNet Teen Job Seekers Website
- Explore Careers, Training, Job Search, Find Local Help
Sample Interview Questions
- T-Mobile Job Interview Questions
- Panera Bread Job Interview Questions
- Old Navy Job Interview Questions
- Verizon Job Interview Questions
You Got A Job!
- Don't Be A Jerk: Dos and Don'ts of asking for time off work
- Download the Young Workers App - it has all the laws and policies that are relevant to you!
- Things to Know About Getting Your First and Last Paycheck
- How to Handle Leaving Your Job
- More on Final Paychecks
Links to Check Out!
- Job Corp
- Peace Corp
- Department of Industrial Relations - Do you need to know laws that apply to teen workers? Do you need to file a complaint? If you have questions, talk to your Work Experience Coordinator.
- NIOSH - National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health - Find out about safety and health on the job for youth.