School Mission, Vision, and Pledge
Our mission, as Hazelton Hawks, is to create an environment of safety, respect, responsibility, and academic excellence for all.
The Hazelton Elementary School vision is to provide an environment of safety, mutual respect and high academic expectations that will foster quality education for all of our students, allowing them to reach their full potential and ensure that they become productive members of the greater society.
WE BELIEVE THAT
- All students can learn and succeed.
- Students should be judged according to their individual merits and abilities.
- Students must assume personal responsibility for their own learning and behavior. We place emphasis on self-esteem, respect, and cooperative action as strategies that help to achieve those goals.
- The diverse cultural backgrounds students bring to our classrooms can be used to enrich the school environment and to involve students in the learning process.
- The goal of our curriculum is to be relevant and effective for a diverse community of learners.
- Parents and community members are essential partners in enriching and extending school-based decisions and classroom activities.
- Our duty is to provide strong support for all students using a variety of research-based strategies.
- The achievement levels for all Hazelton students will be raised to proficient or advanced on standardized assessments in literacy and math.
- We must assist students in the effective use of technology in order to support and extend their understanding of grade-level standards.
- Hazelton students are college-bound.
"Our mission, as Hazelton Hawks, is to create an environment of safety, respect, responsibility, and academic excellence for all."