July 20, 2020
Welcome back Hazelton Families,
First of all, I want to thank you all for your ongoing support during these unprecedented times and especially with distance learning. Due to the significant increase of COVID-19 cases in San Joaquin County in recent weeks, the 2020-2021 school year will begin in a 100% distance learning model. Instruction will resume on Monday, August 3, 2020, as previously scheduled. In the meantime, we will continue to keep you informed on our school and district website about distance learning, COVID 19 updates, technology resources, and meal services. I hope you are enjoying your summer break and are ready for the start of another productive school year! This new school year will bring even further successes as we continue to pursue our school’s mission, which is to create an environment of safety, respect, responsibility, and academic excellence for all. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our students need support from both the home and school. Building a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Follow the Hazelton Way: Be safe, Be Respectful, Be Responsible
- Be prepare for his/her class day and be on time.
- Be prepared to learn.
- Turn in assignments on time.
- Be responsible for his/her own actions.
- Be respectful to those around her/him.
- Be prepared to learn using the following life skills (perseverance, common sense, responsibility, effort, flexibility, self-discipline, patience, cooperation, friendship, pride, caring, problem-solving, integrity, initiative organization, curiosity, courage, and sense of humor).
Hazelton parent’s commitments:
- Provide a quiet place to study.
- Make sure your child completes daily homework.
- Make sure that your child gets an adequate night’s sleep.
- Ensure that your child arrives on time to his/her online classes.
- Participate on our Back-to-School Night and any parent conferences that are scheduled.
- Support and help the school implement school goals and procedures to ensure their child’s academic, psychological, and physical well-being.
- Read and sign your child’s planner.
Hazelton teachers and staff want your child to be successful and feel empowered as we help prepare our students for college and/or career readiness. We appreciate you getting your child to class on time each day, working with them at home, being invested in their education. Together, we can make this year the best one yet! We thank you in advance for all your support in helping our students achieve greatness. Go Hawks!
Mr. Zamora, Principal