Where Are Our Alumni?
Class of 2015
- As a Certified Nursing Assistant, Hailey Arruda continues attending school in Santa Rosa to obtain her RN degree. She is preparing to apply for nursing programs in the near future. In her spare time, she is a cheerleading coach for a nearby school.
- Cassandra Dickerson is fully enjoying being a wife and stay-at-home-mom to her two little boys. When her children are enrolled in school, she plans to return to school to obtain a degree in child development with the intent to open an in-home daycare.
- Keirsten Gaines moved to southern California after graduating in 2015. She is in her last year at Biola University majoring in communication sciences and disorders.
- Natalie Gomez has graduated from a vocational/technical school for medical assisting. She is now studying for her board exams so she can pursue her dream to work as an RMA in a correctional facility. Her daughter is now 4 years old and is thriving at preschool.
- Gabriel Mayfield has been dilligently workin in "the real world" holding multiple jobs at the same time. His jobs include working at Jack in the Box, Starbucks, LeTote, Joe's Crab Shack, and Red Robin. Currently he is working at BBVA as a financial sales advisor. He also is modeling and acting in his free time. You might have seen him in Season 3 of 13 Reasons Why!
- Jovo Velasco has currently taken a position as an administrative assistant in a private physical therapy office. After receiving a degree in public health from UC Merced in 2019, he continues his studies at University of Southern California. When finished, Jovo will graduate with a Masters degree in health administration.
Class of 2016
- Marlene Andrade has obtained two Associates Degrees during her time at San Joaquin Delta College. Currently she is attending UC Davis and working as a student assistant in the Psychology department in addition to working as a research assistant in the phonetics lab for the linguistics department.
- After finishing at HCA, Marie Cordero traveled to Davao City, Philippines where she is attending the Davao Medical School Foundation. With an anticipated graduation date of 2021, Marie will graduate with a BS in Nursing. She has applied what she learned at HCA, especially the skills part when going on duty. She will soon start rotations at the school hospital, and then move into more difficult situations at a government hospital.
- After graduating, Lexus Cortes chose to enter the workforce immediately. After a year of working at Dollar General, she is now working as an electrician for a power factory. At this moment, she is moving up and training as a supervisor, which also includes being granted a company vehicle.
- Bridget Duran is pursuing a degree in journalism as the California State University, Sacramento. She continues to study while working as a shift manager at Del Taco. "I didn't pursue the health care life, but I carry what I learned at HCA every day. It has helped me through classes such as kinesiology, science, and even English! It has also helped me in my everyday life whenever I had to assist my family in hospitals and so on."
- Cynthia Franco is attending California State University, San Jose. She is working towards a BA in anthropology with a minor is forensic studies.
- Makaila Genilla graduated from UC Irvine in 2019 with a Bachelors in Education Sciences. She has recently moved back to Stockton to work for Changeist that brings high school and middle school students together to promote civic engagement in our youth. She is currently deciding on returning to school and enter as a school psychology major.
- Jessica Lewis attended San Joaquin Delta College persuing a future in photography. She has had the opportunity to photograph several events as she continues gaining experience and advertising for her work. Currently, she is in the preliminary stages of entering the military.
- Malia Maningo is finishing at University of South Florida, majoring in biological health sciences with a minor in anthropology. She has joined a grad study project using a "body farm" that allows the department to study the human decomposition process with different variables in hopes of developing more specific and accurate measures for time of death. She continues fostering her love of sea life by working part-time at an aquarium.
- Raul "Danny" Martinez is working diligently as a sheriff cadet for the San Joaquin County Sherriff's Office. He intends on enrolling in the police academy once he has finished his degree in communications from the University of the Pacific. His expected graduation date is 2020.
- In May 2020 Rukhsar Shiraz will graduating from the University of the Pacifc. While attending college, she had the ambition to work in the Alumni House and the University Archives Office. Rukhsar will continue persuing her passion for history as she continues to achieve her goal to be a scholar of the history of medicine. In addition to studying and working, Rukhsar has been very involved with Pacific's CIP program. Her dreams of receiving a Fullbright scholarship to continue attending school is something she hopes to achieve as she begins submitting her paperwork.
- Now the youngest manager in Northern California for Restoration Hardware, Ezequiel Soto Soto is proving he is an asset to his company. While working, he continues to pursue a degree in Criminal Justice from California State University, Stanislaus. He will graduate in 2020.
- Teresa Torres de Jesus has found her passion in medical assisting since completing her CNA coursework and state exam. Currently she is working at the CHCF prison in Stockton as a CNA, making a great salary and enjoying every minute of it. She is thankful for her time at HCA which helped prepare her for the working world and credits her success to the training and opportunities she had while attending high school.
Class of 2017
- Since graduating from HCA, Stephanie Castro attended San Joaquin Delta College full-time and worked part-time. After receiving her AA, she transferred this year and is excitedly attending California State University Monterey Bay where she is pursuing a degree in elementary education.
- Jorge DelToro is doing some amazing things while attending UC Santa Cruz. He is working diligently to take action and create a change in the healthcare system to improve affordability and sustainability.He is actively engaging in social change campaigns and has also been planning and attending conferences in the Santa Cruz area. In his spare time he has written articles and journals to make political, social, and economic information easily accessible. Finally, he is participating in the planning committee for UCSC's Practical Activism Conference. In the future, Jorge plans to continue studying law while persuing his passion in writing for political activism journals.
- After graduating in 2017, Umme Raza continued her education and is currently studying to obtain a degree in business. She is working for thriving financial firm in the San Joaquin county and plans to expand her business to Stockton soon. Her personal endeavors include buying her first home and planning her wedding!
- Jennifer Romero is attending UC Santa Barbara with a double major in history of public policy and law and sociology. She wishes that in the future she will be able to pursue a Juris Doctor degree and specialize in public health law.
- After HCA, Maria Solorio Perez attended San Joaquin Delta College taking coursework to fulfill her general education requirements. During that time, she played basketball and softball. She was accepted to the school of business at Dominican University majoring in International Business. After graduation, she plans on joining the US Marine Corps.
- Deitra Stevens is working to graduate with a degree in health science/health administration from California State University, Sacramento. Though her program is impacted, she is determined to finish and achieve her goals. In addition to school, Deitra is job shadowing a CEO of a health insurance company.
Class of 2018
- Stephanie Calixto went right to work for Amazon after graduating from HCA. After a year of being in the work world, she decided to join the National Guard and spent time in South Carolina and Virginia for training. She is an Automated Logistics Specialist now. Currently, she is back home attending Delta College pursuing a degree in buisness with the intent to earn a logistics and transportation certificate.
- Simran Prasad is currently enjoying working in senior care as the activities assistant for Hampton Care Center.
- Alena Ruiz is spending her time working at a daycare for children with special needs. In addition, she is taking coursework at San Joaquin Delta College to fullfill the requirements to apply for nursing school at a university.
- Dao Vang is attending California State University East Bay, majoring in Biology with a minor in Psychology, with the hope of beoming a Neurophyscologist. Dao is also a certified registered behavorial psychologist working as a therapist for children with autism, providing in-home and on-site therapy.