Help a HCA Student find their career!
HCA Job Shadows
Job Shadows aim to
- provide students with an up-close look at what a "real job" is like,
- help students see the connection between what they learn in the classroom and what they will need to achieve their goals,
- show students that they have choices in life, and
- motivate students to achieve.
A job shadowing experience might make a difference in the life of a student by giving that student a new vision for their future. It may even provide inspiration that can change a student's life forever.
- You register to host a HCA student for a one-day shadow experience by emailing Maxine Areida, calling her at (209) 933-7360.
- Students are matched by HCA staff with professionals in the career they are interested in pursuing.
- Students report to host’s worksite by 9 am (or the time determined by the Job Shadow Host) on the scheduled day. They will bring a lunch and be dressed in scrubs unless you tell us something different should happen.
- Student shadows the professional until the end of their school day (3 pm) or until the end of the professional’s workday, whichever was agreed upon.
- Host takes a picture with the student, verifying the student attended the job shadow experience.
Have questions? Contact Maxine Areida at (209) 933-7360 or MaxineAreida@stocktonusd.net.