Pittman Charter School’s mission is to prepare life-long learners for the 21st century by providing a comprehensive education. In addition to a curriculum of language arts, mathematics, and social studies, we include technology and the arts, inquiry-based hands-on science, and offer an option in Spanish Dual-Immersion. In a safe and inclusive environment, Pittman staff strives to develop creative and critical thinkers in strong partnership with our families and community.
Pittman Charter community prepares students to become academically successful, inquisitive life-long learners who continue to develop their individual and civic responsibilities toward global citizenship.
What is it all about?
Changing to a charter allows us to be more flexible in how we teach children and how we help children achieve academic success. We have developed a rigorous learning program that includes:
- High academic focus
- Science integration
- All teachers working together
- Dual Immersion Academy: Students learning in two languages - Spanish and English
So what does this mean for parents and students?
- Higher expectations for all students: all students will meet and exceed state standards
- Uniforms will be enforced
- Discipline will be strictly maintained
- More Parent Involvement: Read to and with your child, every day, Attend 4 study sessions per year, Attend Parent-Teacher conferences, Help your child with homework