• Process for Electronic Issuance of Work Permits
    Stockton Unified School District
    Obtaining Work Permits During Summer Vacation 2020
    Posted May 22, 2020

     How to Obtain Work Permits During Summer Vacation:

    1. Students will print out the Form B1-1 Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for Work Permit-Certificate of Age. 
    2. Students will complete Minor’s Information and School Information.
    3. Parent or legal guardians must sign their portion of the form.
    4. Students must take Form B1-1 to their employer – the employer must complete and sign the employer section.
    5. Students must scan and email completed Form B1-1 with all signatures to Child Welfare and Attendance (CWA). If a student does not have a scanner, download a scanner app such as Simple Scanner from their phone’s app store, take a photo of the completed application and email this document to the appropriate email below.
    6. Completed Permit to Employ and Work (Form B1-4) will be emailed back to the student.
    7. Please forward all requests to: 

      Students may contact CWA Data Technicians by phone:

      -Yinnt Vang (209) 645-6311

      -Grace Galiste (209) 645-6080


       by emailing us at: cwarequest@stocktonusd.net


      All previously issued and all new Permits expire 5 days after school starts on 8/10/20... FYI


    • Work Permit Applications must be signed by the employer.
    • A parent or guardian must also sign the application.
    • The student’s social security number is required to process a work permit.
    • Student ID will be verified through district records.
    • The completed “official” work permit is signed by the student and the Work Experience Coordinator.
    • Each new job requires a new work permit.
    • Minimum 2.0 Overall GPA required for a work permit and no F’s last Quarter.
    • Cannot have any Attendance Issues (No More than 12 Unexcused Periods and Every 3 Tardies equals an Unexcused Absence)
    • Make Sure You Excuse Your Absences Within 3 Days
    • Cannot have any Discipline Issues

    * These Requirements are Mandated by the State of California Department of Education

    Updated 4/15/20