Summer Work Permits
SUSD students in need of a summer work permit after school has let out for the summer must go to SUSD District Office for summer work permits.
- The address is 56 South Lincoln Street Monday thru Friday from 8 am till 3 pm.
Summer work permits are available for SUSD students only beginning the day after school is out for summer.
Summer work permits expire one week after the new school year begins. If you are not an SUSD student, please go to your home district to apply for a work permit.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: (209) 933-7040 Ext. 2744
How to Obtain a Work Permit During The Summer
- Students will print out the Form B1-1 Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for Work Permit-Certificate of Age or pick one up from the office at Health Careers Academy.
- Students will complete Minor’s Information and School Information.
- Parent or legal guardians must sign their portion of the form.
- Students must return completed Form B1-1 with all signatures.
- Work Experience Teacher will confirm they have all necessary requirements met.
- If the permit cannot be written when dropped off, students will be contacted when the Work Permit is ready (usually 24 to 48 hours) to be picked up.
- Students must take the completed Permit to Employ and Work (Form B1-4) back to the employer.
- Work Permit Applications must be signed by the employer.
- A parent or guardian must also sign the application.
- The student’s social security number is required to process a work permit.
- Student ID will be verified through district records.
- The completed “official” work permit is signed by the student and the Work Experience Coordinator so the student MUST BE PRESENT to pick it up.
- Each new job requires a new work permit.
- Summer work permits expire August 11, 2023.