Process for Electronic Issuance of Work Permits
Stockton Unified School District
Obtaining Work Permits During Summer Vacation 2020
Posted May 22, 2020
How to Obtain Work Permits During Summer Vacation:
- Students will print out the Form B1-1 Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for Work Permit-Certificate of Age.
- Students will complete Minor’s Information and School Information.
- Parent or legal guardians must sign their portion of the form.
- Students must take Form B1-1 to their employer – the employer must complete and sign the employer section.
- Students must scan and email completed Form B1-1 with all signatures to Child Welfare and Attendance (CWA). If a student does not have a scanner, download a scanner app such as Simple Scanner from their phone’s app store, take a photo of the completed application and email this document to the appropriate email below.
- Completed Permit to Employ and Work (Form B1-4) will be emailed back to the student.
Please forward all requests to:
Students may contact CWA Data Technicians by phone:
-Yinnt Vang (209) 645-6311
-Grace Galiste (209) 645-6080
by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All previously issued and all new Permits expire 5 days after school starts on 8/10/20... FYI
- Work Permit Applications must be signed by the employer.
- A parent or guardian must also sign the application.
- The student’s social security number is required to process a work permit.
- Student ID will be verified through district records.
- The completed “official” work permit is signed by the student and the Work Experience Coordinator.
- Each new job requires a new work permit.
- Minimum 2.0 Overall GPA required for a work permit and no F’s last Quarter.
- Cannot have any Attendance Issues (No More than 12 Unexcused Periods and Every 3 Tardies equals an Unexcused Absence)
- Make Sure You Excuse Your Absences Within 3 Days
- Cannot have any Discipline Issues
* These Requirements are Mandated by the State of California Department of Education