Welcome to Kindergarten!
Hello students, parents, guardians, and family members. This is Ms. Virathone and I welcome you to the 2016-2017 school year here at McKinley Elementary School. I am overfilled with excitement as I await meeting each and everyone of you, and especially my young Kinder scholars. We will soon embark on an educational adventure where scholars' learning includes but is not limited to the following:
- letter names and sounds
- high-frequency words
- reading simple sentences
- illustrating, dictating, and/or writing simple sentences
- asking and answering questions
- sharing and presenting
- numbers 0 to 20
- composing and decomposing numbers
- simple addition and subtraction within 10
- team-work and collaborating skills
- following rules
- calendar (days of the week, months, year)
- trees, leaves, animals
- computer skills/computer learning games
- note-taking and organizational skills
I believe that teachers, parents/guardians, school staff, and of course, the individual student himself/herself are the stakeholders of his/her academic achievement. Each stakeholder definitely has a crucial and unique role in facilitating the attainment of a student's academic success. As stakeholders, I kindly ask you to join hands with me and make the pledge to each do our part fully so our scholars can be successful in their academic endeavors.
Should you need to contact me, you can email me at email@example.com or call me at (209) 933-7245.
I thank you in advance for your support in your child's education and let's make this a great year!