Mr. Gary Phillips- Merlo IET Principal
Greetings Merlo Student, Families, and Staff,
Welcome back to the 2020-2021 school year! My name is Gary Phillips and I am very proud to be the new principal of Edward C. Merlo Institute of Environmental Technology.
As the principal of Merlo, I will work hand-in-hand with our stakeholders, students, families, teachers, District and community, to ensure that we fulfill our mission and vision to graduate self-sufficient, independent, and socially responsible adults, who will be productive and positive community leaders. Together, we will promote the diversity of our school community, ensure equity among our students, push for rigor within our classrooms, both onsite and during Distance Learning.
We will raise environmental awareness for our students and our community. Beginning the year with 100% Distance Learning will not be easy. It will take the collective efforts of the Merlo Staff, students, and their families to be successful. I ask that our students do the following:
- Stay Connected
- Attend all assign classes daily
- Complete your assigned work
- Reach out for help if you needed assistance or have any questions
Follow Merlo on social media and check out our website regularly for new information.
I'm extremely excited to be part of the Merlo family. Please feel to contact me at any time by email at email@example.com or at (209)933-7190.
Gary D. Philips
Dr. Evangelina Ramos-Merlo IET Assistant Principal
Welcome to Merlo Institute of Environmental Technology,
I am honored to serve as the new assistant principal of Merlo for the 2020-2021 school year and my focus this year is to...
- Provide a safe, healthy and positive learning environment for ALL of our students both here on-site and virtually as we begin the school year at 100% Distance Learning.
- Increase student achievement for all grade levels and for all students.
- To continue to work and efforts though our rd year of school transformation.
- Keep our stakeholders involved and engaged by providing meaningful parent and community engagement opportunities offered here on site and through our district parent engagement component.
It is Merlo's mission to develop creative problem solvers that are prepared to meet the challenges of an ever-changing and increasingly complex world. We will accomplish this by offering our students rigorous and engaging instruction that is driven by collaboration, data, research, and technology.
Our students will academically challenged while keeping in mind that their teachers and school support staff will push each and every one to reach their fullest potential.
I am always excited to talk about our school's commitments so please contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (209)933-7190.
Dr. Evangelina Ramos