Van Buren’s Mission, Vision, and Goals
"Our Mission is to create a safe environment that is academically creative, challenging, and prepares students for the future."
Our Vision Statement: "We are committed to provide our students with a safe environment where they will receive equitable learning experiences and become lifelong learners who are college, career and life ready."
Goal #1 - Student Achievement: Closing Achievement Gaps
Professional Learning Communities
- Weekly Meetings/Professional Development
- Driven by Data (Data Team)
- Align resources and curriculum to the needs of students.
- Choose meaningful standards to focus on throughout the year. (Are these standards significant for the next grade level?)
- English Language Development daily
Goal #2 - School Climate - Ensure a Safe, Healthy, and Welcoming Environment
Van Buren’s Process
- Caught Being Good Incentives
- Reward Systems (KWC, Attendance, Spirit Days)
- Academic Recognition
Goal #3 - Creating Meaningful Partnerships
- Family Nights
- Academic Conferences
- Parent Coffee Hour
- Parent Workshops
As a Van Buren Panther, I promise to be responsible for my actions, do my personal best in my schoolwork, show caring toward others, use appropriate language, and be flexible when things don’t go my way. I will try to use all the Life Skills and Go Green! Go Green!