Letter from the principal
July 28, 2020
Dear Van Buren parents/guardians:
We hope you are all well and have enjoyed quality time with your families. We
have some important updates for you regarding the start of the 2020-21 school
• School will start 8/3/2020 with 100% distance learning. It is very important that your
child logs on to their teacher’s classroom from day 1 and every day after that.
Attendance and participation will depend on this.
• Chrome books for new students (including TK & Kinder) will be distributed on 7/31/20
from 9 am to 1 pm.
• Curriculum and school supplies will be distributed on 3 different days. Friday 7/31,
Monday 8/3, and Tuesday 8/4 from 8am – 10 am.
• Lunch distribution will start on Monday 8/3/2020 from 10:30 am – 12:30 pm. Lunches
will be distributed every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. A postcard was mailed to
the homes with a unique bar code for your child, you will need to bring those cards to
be scanned in order to receive a lunch. This year it will be necessary for the child to
be enrolled in our district to be eligible to receive a lunch. If you do not receive a
card, please contact Nutrition Services 209-933-7015. If you do not receive your post
card, you may still pick up a lunch but you will have to provide student and teachers
names for verification. We will not be able to provide lunches for siblings if they are
not enrolled in our district.
• Office hours are 7:00 – 3:30 you may call if you have any questions or concerns.
(209) 933-7305 (Summer Hours ending 7/31 are 9am-2pm)
We have missed you very much and we are excited to having you back even if it is
through distance learning. Continue to practice social distancing and stay safe and
Isabel Arellano, Principal