Counselor's Corner

  • Need Help?:

    If you are experiencing a mental health emergency, please contact our county hotline at 1-209-468-8686, National Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, call 911, or go to the nearest emergency room/hospital.


    Letters of recommendation:

    SECA students who are seeking letters of recommendation for College Applications (or other) must complete their letter of recommendation request form located in the Naviance SECA Document Library a minimum of 3 weeks before due dates (as a courtesy).  Also, provide your Teacher/Counselor with a pre-stamped and pre-addressed envelope to each school recommendation that is being requested so that we can mail them out promptly.   


    Seniors completing IGETC requirements:

    SECA students who have completed their IGETC and are attending California State University (CSU) or University of California (UC) can have General Education courses certified by the Evaluations Office. General Education Certification may be requested AFTER you have been accepted for admission to the CSU or UC you plan to attend. The request should be submitted during the last few weeks of the semester at San Joaquin Delta College. The General Education Certification Request form is in our Guidance locker, but you can also access it from Delta's Evaluations link.  Students attending out of state or Private Colleges/Universities can check with your school's Academic Advising, Articulation, Records, or Evaluation office about possibly transferring units from SJDC to their school.  You will have to send official transcripts from SJDC.