SECA students are highly motivated and academically-minded. But it is the mission of the students who participate in Student Leadership and run the Associated Student Body that, no matter how hard our students work, they are still kids who need time to socialize and have a great time. To that end, we have organized: Saturday trips, dances, spirit days, an annual student talent show, all school sleepovers, and lunch time activities. If you have an idea, come to our meetings and share! Any student who wants to participate can and should.
SOME HELPFUL CLUB GUIDELINES:
1. All events, fundraisers, and other on-campus activities need to be approved by ASB. Approval must be in place before any advertising, money collection, or "official" information is released by the sponsoring club.
2. All paperwork submitted to ASB must be signed by the faculty sponsor and include formal club minutes from the meeting in which the event/activity was approved. Paperwork should be submitted two days prior to the ASB meeting for approval, so clubs must prepare accordingly.
3. All clubs should keep a binder that has copies of all minutes, submitted forms, and reconciliation report copies. This should be kept available in the faculty sponsor's classroom in case of discrepancies.
4. Any monies collected must first have revenue potentials submitted and approved by ASB. NO MONEY IS TO BE COLLECTED FROM STUDENTS WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL. All money collected from students must be receipted, either individually or through a tally sheet. There must be a paper trail for all student money.
5. Once money is collected, two students and an adviser should count it, fill out a "cash count form" and deposit it with Ms. West. She will issue the club a receipt to be kept in the club binder.
6. Each month, faculty sponsors will receive a "reconciliation report" for their club that shows the balance. This should be signed and returned. Sponsors (or club secretaries) should keep a copy in their club binders.
7. Any field trips must first be approved using the school district forms. Club money can pay for field trips, but only after proper authorization by the appropriate school/district administrator.
WE GOT THAT SECA PRIDE!
Adviser: Ms. West
Business meetings: Thursdays 3-4pm
Where: Room 203
Student Body President: Daniella Caluza
Senior Class President: Benjamin Bermudez
Junior Class President: Rozanne de Jesus
Sophomore Class President: Ly Ramiscal
Freshman Class President: Jazmin Chavez
ALL CLASS MEETINGS ARE MONDAYS AT LUNCH WITH YOUR ADVISERS. GO BE INVOLVED!
HOW TO CREATE A NEW CLUB:
1. All clubs need a faculty sponsor.
2. All clubs need at least five students for start up.
3. All clubs must fill out the New Club Application and create a Constitution.
4. Paperwork must be submitted for approval by the ASB.All forms can be found in the ASB Locker on Naviance.