About the AVID Program
The purpose of AVID or Advancement Via Individual Determination is to restructure the teaching methods of an entire school to open access to the curricula that will ensure four-year college eligibility to almost all students.
AVID's mission is to ensure that ALL students, and most especially the least served students who are in the middle:
- will succeed in a rigorous curriculum,
- will complete a college preparatory path,
- will enter mainstream activities of the school,
- will increase their enrollment in four-year colleges, and
- will become educated and responsible participants and leaders in a democratic society.
AVID's systemic approach is designed to support students and educators as they increase schoolwide/districtwide learning and performance.
At August, AVID strategies are taught by:
It is our goal to infuse the components of AVID throughout more classrooms and all grade levels by 2018.