Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Our school day begins at 9:05 am and ends at 3:05 pm for grades 1-8. Kindergarten students are dismissed at 2:50 pm. El Dorado School is a closed campus. For the safety of our students and to ensure we can start school on time without disruption, only students will be allowed to enter the campus. All visitors must say goodbye to the entrance of the school. If you wish to talk to your child’s teacher please check in the office to see if they are available or make an appointment. Nobody is allowed to enter the campus without checking in at the office and getting visitors to pass.
Student Drop Off Safety
Playground supervision and breakfast begin at 8:30 am. Because safety is an issue, please DO NOT drop off children before 8:30 am as supervision will not be available. Below are some ways that you can make the morning drop-offs run smoothly for all staff and all parents:
- Please pull forward in the loading zone. Drop your child off quickly, and leave to make room for other cars. Keep your child’s backpack in the car so you do not have to open the trunk to retrieve it. Students may be dropped off in front of the school on Lincoln Street.
- Kindergarten students will be greeted by a staff member and escorted to the cafeteria if they are eating breakfast, or playground if they do not eat at school.
- Please never leave your vehicle unattended in the loading zone.
- Bused students will enter the school through the gate parallel to Harding Way and will go to the cafeteria for breakfast or to the playground.
School Dismissal Safety
Once teachers dismiss students:
- Teachers and staff will supervise transition areas both inside the campus and the perimeter. Students will not be allowed to linger in halls or the campus grounds.
- K-8 students being picked- up by a vehicle will be allowed to dismiss through the front of the school.
- Students who are meeting parents, who are walking them home or who walk themselves, will be dismissed from the gates adjacent to the primary and intermediate playgrounds at the front of the school.
- All kindergarten parents will be required to sign out their child at dismissal. Parent pick-up will be located by the kindergarten playground. Please wait by your child’s classroom door until the students are dismissed.
- K-8 students riding the school bus will be escorted directly to their bus on Harding Way.
- Students who are involved in the after-school program will go to the cafeteria for a snack, attendance, and will then be dismissed to their designated rooms.
Office Hours are 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Preschool AM and PM Instructional Schedule
Pre-School AM Class Instruction Time 8:00 am - 11:30 am Pre-School AM Breakfast Time 9:00 am - 9:40 am Pre-School PM Class Instruction Time 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm Pre-School PM Lunch Time 1:20 pm - 2:00 pm
Transitional Kinder (TK) Instructional Schedule
Subjects/Activities Daily Schedule English Language Arts/Fine Motor Skill Development 9:05 am - 10:35 am Recess 10:35 am - 10:50 am Social-Emotional/Physical Development 10:50 am - 11:30 am Lunch 11:30 am - 12:10 pm Math 12:10 pm - 1:10 pm Math Strategic Support 1:10 pm - 1:40 pm PE 1:40 pm - 2:00 pm English Language Arts Intervention/Enrichment 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Dismissal 3:00 pm
Kindergarten Instructional Schedule
Subjects/Activities Daily Schedule English Language Arts 9:05 am - 10:35 am Recess 10:35 am - 10:50 am
Social Studies (Mon., Wed., alternating Fri.)
Science (Tues., Thur., alternating Fri.)
10:50 am - 11:30 am Lunch 11:30 am - 12:10 pm Math 12:10 pm - 1:10 pm Math Strategic Support 1:10 pm - 1:40 pm PE 1:40 pm - 2:00 pm English Language Arts Intervention/Enrichment 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Dismissal 3:00 pm
First and Second Grade Instructional Schedule
Subjects/Activities Daily Schedule ELA Writing/ELA Support 9:05 am - 10:20 am Recess 10:20 am - 10:30 am ELA Strategic Support Intervention/Enrichment 10:30 am - 11:45 am PE 11:45 am - 12:00 pm Lunch 12:00 pm - 12:40 pm SS/Science/ELD 12:40 pm - 1:25 pm Mathematics 1:25 pm - 1:55 pm Mathematics of Strategic Support Intervention/Enrichment 1:55 pm - 2:55 pm Dismissal 2:55 pm
Third Grade Instructional Schedule
Subjects/Activities Daily Schedule Math 9:05 am - 10:05 am Math Strategic Support 10:05 am - 10:20 am Recess 10:20 am - 10:30 am ELD Read. Comprehension/Reading Groups 11:00 am - 12:00 pm Lunch 12:00 pm - 12:40 pm ELA (Grammer, spelling, writing, research, small groups, CL) 12:40 pm - 2:15 pm Science/Social Studies/PE 2:15 pm - 2:55 pm Dismissal 2:55 pm
Fourth and Fifth Grade Instructional Schedule
Subjects/Activities Daily Schedule English Language Arts 9:05 am - 11:05 am ELA Strategic Support Intervention/Enrichment 11:05 am - 11:55 am Recess 11:35 am - 11:55 am ELD/Writing/ELA Support 11:55 am - 12:40 am Lunch 12:40 pm - 1:20 pm Math/Strategic Support/Intervention/Enrichment 1:20 pm - 2:30 pm Science/Social Studies/PE 2:30 pm - 3:05 pm Dismissal 3:05 pm
Sixth Grade Instructional Schedule
Subjects/Activities Daily Schedule Math Strategic 9:05 am - 9:20 am Math 9:20 am - 10:20 am Recess 10:20 am - 10:40 am Social Studies/Science 10:40 am - 11:10 am ELA Strategic Support/Intervention/Enrichment 11:10 am - 11:40 am Lunch 11:40 am - 12:20 pm English Language Arts 12:20 pm - 2:05 pm PE 2:05 pm - 2:20 pm W.I.N. ELD/ELA/Math 2:20 pm - 3:05 pm Dismissal 3:05
Seventh and Eighth Grade Instructional Schedule
Subjects/Activities Daily Schedule Period 1: Math/ELA 9:05 am - 9:55 am Period 2: Math, ELA, PE/VAPA 9:55 am - 10:45 am Passing 10:45 am - 10:50 am Period 3: Science, SS, PE/VAPA 10:50 am - 11:40 am Lunch 11:40 am - 12:20 pm Passing 12:20 pm - 12:25 pm Period 4: Science, SS, PE/VAPA 12:25 pm - 1:15 pm Period 5: ELA/Math 1:15 pm - 2:05 pm Passing 2:05 pm - 2:10 pm Period 6: W.I.N. 2:10 pm - 3:00 pm Dismissal 3:00 pm