Dear Pulliam Families,
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year! I am thrilled to welcome your children and your families back to Pulliam Elementary School for an exciting year filled with tons of learning, laughter, and fantastic memories.
As the Principal of Pulliam, I am eager to continue the journey of guiding your children toward academic excellence. Our 2019-20 school year motto will be, “We are college bound.” The staff have each chosen a different college to represent their classroom, and align to our theme. Creating a college going atmosphere will help your child be successful not only at Pulliam, but in high school and beyond! At Pulliam, we are really of the mindset that when children are encouraged and uplifted, they in turn believe in themselves, and dream BIG!
During the upcoming school year, I encourage you to take an active role in your child’s learning. Parent involvement plays a critical role in our school’s success. Ways to support and increase your child’s academic success include:
- Make attendance a PRIORITY including limiting tardiness and absences
- Check your child’s Friday Folder each week to stay informed of student progress and school news
- Communicate often with your child’s teacher
- Read with your child daily and complete provided reading log
- Join PTA
- Discuss behavior expectations and PAWS with your child
- Review the school day with your child and ensure homework is completed regularly
As a reminder, school starts promptly at 9:05A and ends at 3:05P. Free breakfast is served daily in the cafeteria from 8:30A-9:00A. Please note that we are a closed campus, and parents MUST check in at the front office to retrieve a visitor’s badge if they are to be admitted on campus. When picking your children up at dismissal, please ensure that you meet him/her at the East Playground ONLY.
The staff and I are looking forward to an educationally rewarding school year with you and your children. I hope that you will visit and volunteer often.
With Pulliam Pride,