Dear Elmwood Parents,
The Elmwood staff welcomes you to the 2023-24 school year. We are both excited and ready to continue serving your children. We believe unwaveringly all students can achieve high academic standards by which students will understand how to think deeply and apply knowledge in new ways. Through art infusion, Elmwood School is educating the creative and intellectual side of each child. In addition to aligning our work with district goals, we will continue to offer and strive to become lifelong learners through AVID strategies, Project Lead the Way and family engagement with an emphasis on parent empowerment.
We ask that you and your child follow some important protocols:
- All students will enter the school building at the beginning of the day through the main doors.
- Children should not report to school prior to 8:10am.
- Breakfast will be served from 8:10-8:25am.
- Students will be dismissed at 2:40pm. The afternoon supervision ends at 2:55pm. Parent, please be prompt when picking up your child.
- All visitors must check and sign in through the front office.
- Currently, parents will pick up their kindergartener by their classroom teacher in the courtyard. These parents MUST have a pass to enter campus. In October, we will begin procedures for a Closed Campus. More information to follow.
- 1st-3rd Graders will be dismissed through the front doors (front building). 4th-8th Graders will be dismissed by the side gate near P1/P2. Dismissal supervision ends at 2:55pm. Please pick up your students on time.
- We encourage you to call the office to report your child's absence. We also appreciate you reporting your child's absence directly to your teacher through Class Dojo.
- If you need help with Class Dojo, our Parent Liaison is available to assist.
- Staff and parents are not allowed to park in the church's parking lot.
- Please avoid making U-turns on Cardinal during drop off, school hours and dismissal. Students should ALWAYS use the cross walk.
Thank you for your cooperation. Here's to a great 2023-24 school year,