The Valenzuela Spanish Dual Immersion Program is housed at Maxine Hong Kingston School.
We offer a Spanish Dual Immersion Program in grades Kinder through 6th grade. We offer a Spanish elective class in grades 7th and 8th.
The goal of our program is to graduate students who are bilingual/biliterate in English and Spanish. We implement the 90:10 model where the instruction is as follows:
- K/1 90% instruction in Spanish - 10% instruction in English
- 2nd Gr. 80% Spanish - 20% English
- 3rd Gr. 70% Spanish - 30% English
- 4th Gr. 80% Spanish - 20% English
- 5th Gr. 50%/50%
- 6th Gr. 40% Spanish - 60% English
WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR KINDERGARTEN.
There are some spots available in other grade levels (4th-6th), however, students entering our program must be bilingual in Spanish/English.