School Mission and Pledge
Taft / Montessori SPECIALTY SCHOOL
419 Downing Stockton, CA 95206
(209)933-7285 Extension 6720
ClassDojo-all school and parent information https://www.classdojo.com/ul/p/addKid?target=school&schoolID=566272557efff22e2b58ffb3
Jana Brooks-Principal extension 6702 firstname.lastname@example.org
Zua Her-Assistant Principal extension6798 email@example.com
Lourdes Gonzalez-Administrative Assistant extension 6700 firstname.lastname@example.org
Patience Barkley-Student Support Tech. and cum requests extension 6701 PRBarkley@stocktonusd.net
Sarah Neely-Counselor extension 6710 email@example.com
Jessica Camacho-Counselor extension 6710 firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniel Molina-Parent Liaison extension 6712 email@example.com
TAFT MISSION STATEMENT
Taft Elementary School serves culturally diverse students in an equitable environment by building meaningful partnerships among all stakeholders. Taft Elementary School's mission is to prepare all students to be college, career, and community ready.
TAFT SCHOOL VISION
Our aim is to provide a safe learning environment with a welcoming atmosphere which creates a sense of belonging amongst the students and families. We maintain an inclusive environment which acknowledges and respects children of diverse family and cultural backgrounds.
TAFT'S R.O.A.R Principles
A Always Safe
MORNING AND AFTERNOON ROUTINES
The morning routine will proceed as follows:
- Students may enter the front gate to enter the cafeteria and have breakfast at 7:40 a.m.
- Students will stand with their grade levels until the warning bell rings at 8:07 a.m. Warning bell signals students to walk to their line. Teachers will pick up students from their line at 8:10 a.m.
- All grade levels have a designated area in which to play.
- Students who are late to school need to check into the office before going to class
The afternoon routine will proceed as follows:
- Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten students will be checked out in the hallway outside classroom #1. Parents will either walk to the area or drive up and have their child loaded into the car by a Taft staff member. Bus riders will be escorted to the bus by a noon duty assistant.
- All other grade levels will exit out the appropriately assigned gate (in line) led by their teacher.
- Parents are not permitted on the school grounds without an SUSD volunteer badge or signing in at the office and receiving a visitor's badge.
- To obtain an official SUSD volunteer badge, parents must complete an application through Be A Mentor. The website is beamentor.org. Or you may obtain information in the front office..
- To meet with the teacher, please go to the front office to either schedule a meeting or leave a message. The teacher will be in contact with you as soon as available. Calls will not be transferred directly into the classroom as it disrupts and interrupts instruction.