- Small celebrations may occur at various times and reasons throughout the year. Please check the newsletter or teacher’s notes for information. When celebrating specific holidays, Harrison Elementary School will respect the beliefs of all our families. Please contact your child’s classroom teacher if you would like to share information regarding your family’s beliefs.
- Students’ birthdays may be celebrated in the classroom with the teacher’s permission. Please check with the teacher 24 hours in advance. When approved by the teacher, all birthday celebrations will take place in the last 15 minutes of the school day. We do not celebrate student or teacher birthdays during instructional time.
- Please do not bring any food for your child’s birthday (they will be returned home). Non-food small treat bags (pencils, crayons, school supplies) may be handed out at the end of the day.
- Students who want to honor a teacher can do so during their lunch periods but not during regular instructional time.
- If at home party invitations are distributed at school, they must be for the entire class. If they are not for the entire class, please do not distribute at school.
- State law prohibits homemade food distribution to students at school.
- Please do not send or bring balloons, flowers, toys, or stuffed animals for your child’s birthday, or on any holiday or award assembly, as this disrupts the classroom and school.
- Back to School Night
- Fall AVID Literacy Night
- Spring AVID/PLTW Night
- Spring Open House