Commodore Stockton Skills Dress Code Policy/Board Policy
Commodore Stockton Skills School believes that appropriate dress and grooming contribute to a productive learning environment. The school expects students to give the proper attention to personal cleanliness and wear clothes that are suitable for the school activities in which they participate. Students dress must promote a healthy, safe, wholesome environment and not cause a distraction that would interfere with the educational process.
The administration will make the final determination of whether a student’s dress and grooming meet district standards.
In accordance with California Administrative Code, Title V, Section 302: “Any person who comes to school without proper attention having been given to personal cleanliness or neatness of dress may be sent home to be properly prepared for school, or shall be required to prepare him/herself for the schoolroom before entering.”
Any clothing or grooming that is a distraction to the learning process is prohibited:
- Outer clothing which resembles loungewear, pajamas, or underwear is prohibited. No blankets.
- Underwear may not be exposed at any time. This includes bra straps.
- Female shorts must be at least mid-thigh in length.
- Clothing which is cut, slashed, or has holes is not permitted.
- Blouses/shirts should be constructed so that the top of the shoulder is covered and is fitted under the arms (no halter top, tanks or strapless tops, spaghetti straps, nor bare-shouldered tops of any type will be allowed). Low cut, see-through blouses/shirts or exposing any portion of hips, or midriff are not allowed.
- Clothing shall not be suggestive, racial, or have inappropriate writing, advertisement, or artwork. This includes offensive words or designs, violence, sex, tobacco, drugs, and alcohol.
- Shoes must be worn at all times. No flip flops or house/bedroom slippers. No shoes with heels, or wheely shoes. Shoes should be appropriate for P.E. Only shoes/sandals with a back strap are allowed.
- Students may not wear hats, caps, bandanas, sunglasses, combs, or picks.
- All apparel that is red or blue of any shade is prohibited (i.e. shoelaces, shoes, belts, shirts, shorts, pants, handkerchiefs, etc.) unless it is Commodore Cougar Gear.
Consequences: 1st offense –warning, 2nd offense –parent notification, 3rd offense – citation/ISS hour or more
- Violation of the dress code may result in a discipline referral and confiscation of the item.
- Students may be required to change into loaned clothing items
- Parents may be called to bring a change of clothing.
- Subsequent infractions may result in parent conferences and be subject to progressive discipline.