Welcome to Educational Equity
It is the Stockton Unified School District's and the Department of Educational Equity's responsibility to ensure that there is equity in education for ALL students. The department will work in partnership with all SUSD stakeholders to promote equitable practices, increase the academic proficiency of students, close achievement gaps and remove barriers so that all students can thrive and achieve their greatest academic potential.
Equality = Sameness
Equality provides the same thing for
everyone. This only works when people
start from the same place, history and
set of circumstances.
Equity = Justice
Equity is about fairness and providing
people with the resources and
opportunities they need, given their
history and set of circumstances.
"Equity is the principle of altering current practices and perspectives to teach for social transformation and to promote equal learning outcomes for students of all racial, cultural, linguistic and socioeconomic groups."
--Enid Lee, New Teacher Center
Resources and Links
- Willie B. Adkins Scholars Program - Student & Parent Meeting
- Equity Leadership Institute
- Willie B. Adkins Scholars Program
- Five Shifts of Consciousness for Multicultural Educators
- 20 Things I Can Do To Be A Multicultural Educator
- Diversity Terms
- Black Minds Matter Executive Summary
- Ed Trust-West Majority Report
- 11 Things we can do to bring class equity