Welcome to Educational Equity
It is the Stockton Unified School District's and the Department of Educational Equity's responsibility to ensure that there is equity in education for ALL students. The department will work in partnership with all SUSD stakeholders to promote equitable practices, increase the academic proficiency of students, close achievement, opportunity, and access gaps and remove barriers so that all students can thrive and achieve their greatest academic potential.
SUSD Equity Agenda
Invest and Support all, while providing additional support and investments for those who have been historically underserved.
Equality = Sameness
Equality provides the same thing for
everyone. This only works when people
start from the same place, history and
set of circumstances.
Equity = Justice
Equity is about fairness and providing
people with the resources and
opportunities they need, given their
history and set of circumstances.
This is Equity
Resources and Links
- 2020-2021 Willie B. Adkins Scholars Program
- Inclusion Starts With I Video
- Bullying and Bias
- Speaking Up Against Racism Around the New Coronavirus
- 75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice
- COVID-19 Resources and Policy Considerations
- 2019-2020 Equity Leadership Professional Development
- Diversity Terms
- Avoiding Racial Equity Detours
- Five Shifts of Consciousness for Multicultural Educators
- 20 Things I Can Do To Be A Multicultural Educator
- Hear My Voice: Strengthening the College Pipeline for Young Men of Color in California
- Black Minds Matter Executive Summary
- Ed Trust-West Majority Report
- 11 Things we can do to bring class equity