About the Teacher
Process for Issuance of Work Permits
Stockton Unified School District
How to Obtain a Work Permit During Distance Learning Due to COVID-19
- Students will print out the Form B1-1 Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for Work Permit-Certificate of Age.
- Students will complete Minor’s Information and School Information.
- Parent or legal guardians must sign their portion of the form.
- Students will check the Employer COVID Procedures list to see if their employer has submitted necessary documentation of COVID Procedures.
- If the Employer has submitted the documentation, students will take the B1-1 to their employer - the employer must complete and sign the employer section.
- If the Employer has NOT submitted the documentation, the student will print the request for documentation letter and take that and their B1-1 to their employer. The employer must complete and sign the employer section of the B1-1 AND attach a copy of their COVID Safety Procedures to the B1-1.
- Students must return completed Form B1-1 with all signatures and COVID Safety Procedures to Mrs. Benjamin. Mrs. Benjamin will check grades, attendance, and behavior to make sure the student meets the requirements for a work permit. She will also check to make sure we have the employer’s COVID Procedures on file or they have been turned in.
- Students will be contacted when the Work Permit is ready for pick up (24 to 48 hours).
- Students must take the completed Permit to Employ and Work (Form B1-4) back to the employer.
- Work Permit Applications must be signed by the employer.
- A parent or guardian must also sign the application.
- The student’s social security number is required to process a work permit.
- Student ID will be verified through district records.
- The completed “official” work permit is signed by the student and the Work Experience Coordinator.
- Each new job requires a new work permit.
- Minimum 2.0 GPA required for a work permit and no F’s.
- Summer work permits expire August 6, 2021.