Process for Electronic Issuance of Work Permits
Stockton Unified School District
Obtaining Work Permits During School Closure 2020
Posted April 9, 2020
How to Obtain Work Permits During School Closure due to COVID-19
- Students will print out the Form B1-1 Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for Work Permit-Certificate of Age.
- Students will complete Minor’s Information and School Information.
- Parent or legal guardians must sign their portion of the form.
- Students must take Form B1-1 to their employer – the employer must complete and sign the employer section.
- Students must scan and email completed Form B1-1 with all signatures to their Work Experience Coordinator. If a student does not have a scanner, download a scanner app such as Simple Scanner from their phone’s app store, take a photo of the completed application and email this document to the appropriate email below.
- Completed Permit to Employ and Work (Form B1-4) will be emailed back to the student.
- Students must print the Permit to Employ and Work (Form B1-4), sign and date the “minor’s signature” section, then scan and email completed Permit to Employ and Work (Form B1-4) to their Work Experience Coordinator. THIS STEP MUST BE COMPLETED IN ORDER FOR WORK PERMIT TO BE ACTIVE. If a student does not have a scanner, download a scanner app such as Simple Scanner from their phone’s app store, take a photo of the completed application and email this document to the appropriate email below.
- Student must take the completed Permit to Employ and Work (Form B1-4) back to his/her employer along with the completed B1-1 Form stapled to it.
- Students must leave completed Form B1-1 and the B1-4 with their employer to be added to their personnel file. Both of these forms must be kept on site at the place of employment.
Work Experience Coordinators by School Site:
Chavez High School
Edison High School
Franklin High School
Stagg High School
Health Careers Academy
Pacific Law Academy
Stockton Early College Academy
If you do not have access to a printer or scanner,
please email the Work Experience Coordinator for your school site.
- Work Permit Applications must be signed by the employer.
- A parent or guardian must also sign the application.
- The student’s social security number is required to process a work permit.
- Student ID will be verified through district records.
- The completed “official” work permit is signed by the student and the Work Experience Coordinator.
- Each new job requires a new work permit.
- Minimum 2.0 GPA required for a work permit and no F’s last Quarter.