San Francisco Mural - Diego Rivera - Pan American Unity 1940 (fresco) Last official fresco in the US. Sits at the Diego Rivera Theater in city College of San Francisco
Guidelines for Cultural Participation Research:
An important part of learning a world language involves learning about the people who speak the language, their culture, their history, and their pastimes. Not all of this can occur in the classroom. The purpose of the ACE project is to give world language students individual opportunities to connect the language and culture they are working really hard to learn, outside of their classroom. This project encourages students to visit museums, missions, and other historical sites. They need to find opportunities to communicate with native speakers of the language in stores, classes, museums, and their local communities, even meeting and texting people in their new learned skill. Students may try a new experience in seeing live performances, watching movies in Spanish, making a craft object, copying a famous work of art or preparing an authentic meal and even teaching someone how to dance a popular routine. They may even include information and artifacts from other Spanish-speaking countries or impersonate someone who has made a historical contribution. I know, without a doubt, students will do incredibly impressive work as they put together their project. In advance, I thank you for getting involved in this adventure with your students! iT TAKES A VILLAGE TO RAICE A CHILD!
Final projects are due and presented on December 14, 2020: NO LATE WORK ACCEPTED
Students will need the following requirements:
- Parents/Guardian are invited to be present for students' PRESENTATIONS December 14th - 18, 2020
- You must total 300 points worth of selected activities
- Parents must sign and approve students' choices for their projects
- One page essay IS REQUIRED - MLA FORMAT -Action Connection and Reflection page per project Due: December 7, 2020
- Your physical and actual projects MUST BE TURNED IN to Stagg High addressed to Profesora Cruces and may be collected after May 10th 2020. All projects are exibited at the Mexican Herigate Center dates TBD and could be part of the Cinco de Mayo City celebrations around the city.
- You are responsible for making sure your videos and power points can PLAY properly before your due date Due date for videos and presentations to be submitted: December 7, 2020
- Work cited page (must include all resources you accessed) MLA FORMAT ONLY
- LATE WORK WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED under any circumstances
- Plagiarism will result in a ZERO for the entire project (not just the section where you plagiarized)
Here is a Map of the Missions you may visit!
Museums you can visit
- California Museum - Sacramento
- San Francisco, Diego Rivera Gallery
- The Mexican Museum - Fort Mason Center
- The Mexican Heritage Center
PREVIOUS EXAMPLES OF STUDENT WORK