What is Community Service?
According to Webster's Dictionary, Community Service is: work that is done without pay to help people in a community.
"Thank you so much for helping out with volunteers for our fundraiser this past Saturday. Today we had a meeting to discuss the event and many Rotarians had nothing but positive things to say about your kids. We couldn't have done it without them."
Joanna Call, North Stockton Rotary
- Volunteer at San Joaquin General Hospital! For this opportunity, you have to work directly with the Hospital. Check out their volunteer webpage here.
- Stockton Homeless Shelter: Stockton Homeless Shelter is always looking for volunteers. Check out their webpage at: stocktonshelter.org/contact-us/volunteer.html to find out what might work for you. If you are under 18, you must have an adult accompany you. Call Susan at 209-465-3612 for more information.
- The Community Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired is always looking for volunteers! Check out their website (http://communitycenterfortheblind.org/Volunteer) for more information.
- To volunteer with Dameron Hospital, you have to be 18. If you're 18, check out their volunteer opportunties here!
- VolunteerMatch exists to link the community to volunteer opportunities! Check it out!
- The City of Stockton has a great listing of volunteer locations/opportunities.
- Emergency Food Bank is always looking for volunteers.
- Hospice of San Joaquin - Hospice of San Joaquin offers rewarding experiences for individuals seeking ways to give of themselves and reach out to the community. Volunteers are an integral part of our hospice team. At Hospice of San Joaquin, you have the chance to find your perfect fit with a variety of opportunities.
- Stockton Volunteer Connection is a website that has a listing of volunteer opportunities.
- Habitat for Humanity has different opportunties for different age ranges! If you are under 18, check out their ReStore opportunity and get practical retail experience for your resume while earning Community Service Hours.
- The Animal Protection League is a non-profit that supports the City of Stockton Animal Shelter. We do this by fundraising, off-site adoptions and much more. Visit their website at www.apl209.org for the volunteer application. Volunteer opportunities for students over 15 include: helping at Pet Smart on the weekends with dog adoptions (includes dog walkign and helping set up and break down the kennels), office support, bagging food for the pet pantry program.
Prior to HelperHelper, community service hours were collected via a google form. The results of this form are here. If your past hours are on this form and have not been entered into HelperHelper, please let Mrs. Areida know. If you served hours that are not reflected on this form, please enter them into HelperHelper and get them validated.