Process for Issuance of Work Permits   
    Stockton Unified School District
    How to Obtain a Work Permit During Distance Learning Due to COVID-19

    1. Students will print out the Form B1-1 Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for Work Permit-Certificate of Age.
    2. Students will complete Minor’s Information and School Information.
    3. Parent or legal guardians must sign their portion of the form.
    4. Students will check the Employer COVID Procedures list to see if their employer has submitted necessary documentation of COVID Procedures. 
      • If the Employer has submitted the documentation, students will take the B1-1 to their employer - the employer must complete and sign the employer section.
      • If the Employer has NOT submitted the documentation, the student will print the request for documentation letter and take that and their B1-1 to their employer. The employer must complete and sign the employer section of the B1-1 AND attach a copy of their COVID Safety Procedures to the B1-1. 
    5. Students must return completed Form B1-1 with all signatures and COVID Safety Procedures where applicable to the HCA front office between 12:30 pm and 2 pm any school day. Mrs. Olga or Mrs. Christina will let Mrs. Areida know that the Application has been turned in, and Mrs. Areida will check grades, attendance, behavior to make sure the student qualifies. She will also check to make sure we have the COVID Procedures on file or they have been turned in.  
    6. Students will be contacted when the Work Permit is ready for pick up (24 to 48 hours). 
    7. Students must take the completed Permit to Employ and Work (Form B1-4) back to the employer.

    If you do not have access to a printer you can pick up the B1-1 from Health Careers Academy. 


    • Work Permit Applications must be signed by the employer.
    • A parent or guardian must also sign the application.
    • The student’s social security number is required to process a work permit.
    • Student ID will be verified through district records.
    • The completed “official” work permit is signed by the student and the Work Experience Coordinator.
    • Each new job requires a new work permit.
    • Minimum 2.0 GPA required for a work permit and no F’s last Quarter.
    • Summer work permits expire August 10, 2020. 

    Updated 8/1/2020

Work Permits

  • Do you have a job?
    Are you looking for a job?
    Get your things in order!
    If you have a job, you MUST have a work permit - it's the law! 

    If you are looking for a job, or have a job you should pick up a Request for Work Permit from Mrs. Nunez in the main office or Mrs. Areida in the lunch hallway. Fill it out, have your employer fill out their section, your parents sign and return it to Mrs. Areida. She will review your request and get back to you as soon as possible - usually within 48 hours. 

    Before requesting an application for a work permit, please check to make sure that you meet the requirements. They can be found in slide show below. 

  • WorkNet

    San Joaquin County WorkNet - America's Job Center - is a great resource for people looking for work! They have a website just for high school students! 


Careers In Health