Summer Work Permits

  • Summer work permits are available for Stockton Unified School District students only beginning the day after school is out for summer. We are located at the Child Welfare and Attendance Office, 1144 E. Channel Street, Room 106.  If you are not a Stockton Unified student, please go to your home district to apply for a work permit. 

    Work permit hours are on Monday thru Friday from 7:30 am - 3: 30 pm.

    Summer Work Permit PROCEDURE:

    • Pick up the work permit application from Room 106 and fill out your information.
    • Have your prospective employer complete and sign the Employer section of the form.
    • A student must be present when turning in the completed form to Room 106 to qualify for a summer work permit. 
    • Enrollment in SUSD will be verified by CWA staff. 


    Summer work permits expire one week after the school year begins.

    NEW work permits (not summer work permits)  will be available at your homeschool (high school) or attendance area high school (7-8 graders) on the first day of school.

    If you are employed during the school year, you must renew your work permit at your homeschool.  Please contact your home schools work experience coordinator for more information.

    Work Experience Coordinators