5/21/21 - IMPORTANT REGARDING STUDENT ATHLETE VACCINATIONS
The SUSD Athletic Department is encouraging student athletes to get the COVID-19 vaccine. The information below will assist you and your child in making an informed vaccination decision. Click on the links in the document below for more information on the COVID-19 vaccine. One of the major advantages of getting the vaccine is that fully vaccinated athletes do not need to quarantine from school and sports if exposed to the virus, unless they are experiencing symptoms.
Thank you for your consideration,
How to talk to your child about the COVID-19 vaccination
- COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective.
- Everyone 12 years of age and older is now eligible to get a COVID-19 vaccination.
- There are several places to find a COVID-19 vaccine.
- You may have side effects after vaccination, but these are normal.
- It typically takes 2 weeks after vaccination for the body to build protection (immunity) against the virus that causes COVID-19. You are not fully vaccinated until 2 weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or 2 weeks after a one-dose vaccine.
- People who have been fully vaccinated can start to do some things that they had stopped doing because of the pandemic.
Why Get a COVID-19 Vaccine
There are many reasons to get vaccinated, including protecting your health and getting back to the moments we miss.
Benefits of Getting Vaccinated
- COVID-19 vaccination will help keep you from getting COVID-19.
- COVID-19 vaccination is a safe way to help build protection.
- COVID-19 vaccination is an important tool to help us get back to the moments we miss.
When You’ve Been Fully Vaccinated
Once you are fully vaccinated, you can resume activities that you did prior to the pandemic:
- You can resume some indoor and outdoor activities without wearing a mask or staying 6 feet apart, except where required by school district, federal, state, local, tribal or territorial laws, rules and regulations including local business and workplace guidance.
- If you travel in the United States, you do not need to get tested before or after travel or self-quarantine after travel.
- If you’ve been around someone who has COVID-19, you do not need to stay away from others or get tested unless you have symptoms.
CIF/SUSD GUIDANCE FOR OPENING UP HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS
SUSD COVID Athletic Guidelines - As of 3-2-21
CIF APPROVED GUIDELINES FOR EACH SPORT
CIF_Evaluation for COVID-19_Return to Play
CIF_COVID-19_Gradual Return to Play Protocol
CDC When to Quarantine
ATTENTION PARENTS / IMPORTANT UPDATE:
Myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle) has been diagnosed in a minority of children and adolescents who tested positive for COVID-19 and experienced severe symptoms.
If your child experienced SEVERE COVID-19 symptoms (hospitalization and/or ongoing symptoms), you MUST provide a medical clearance from your health care provider prior to your child returning to sports participation.
Please inform your coach ASAP if your child experienced severe COVID-19 symptoms.
SUSD FORMS FOR ATHLETICS PARTICIPATION
Informed Consent for SUSD Sports
SUSD FORMS FOR COVID-19 TESTING
COVID Testing Direction Letter for Parents
REQUIRED WAIVER AND INDEMNIFICATION FORM