Process for Issuance of Work Permits
Stockton Unified School District
How to Obtain a Work Permit During Distance Learning Due to COVID-19
- Students will print out the Form B1-1 Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for Work Permit-Certificate of Age. To download a fillable Form B1-1 click here.
- Students will complete Minor’s Information and School Information.
- Parent or legal guardians must sign their portion of the form.
- Students will check the Employer COVID Procedures list to see if their employer has submitted necessary documentation of COVID Procedures.
- If the Employer has submitted the documentation, students will take the B1-1 to their employer - the employer must complete and sign the Employer Section.
- If the Employer has NOT submitted the documentation, the student will print the request for documentation letter and take that and their B1-1 to their employer. The employer must complete and sign the Employer Section of the B1-1 AND attach a copy of the employer's COVID Safety Procedures to the B1-1.
- Students can email their completed Form B1-1 with all signatures and employer's COVID Safety Procedures where applicable to Ms. Yescas at email@example.com or take them to Lisa Sounn, in the main office at Stagg. Ms. Yescas will check grades, attendance, and behavior to make sure the student meets the requirements for a work permit. She will also check to make sure we have the employer’s COVID Procedures on file or they have been turned in.
- Students will be contacted when the Work Permit is ready for their signature and pick up (24 to 48 hours). A work permit will not be issued if the original completed Form B1-1 with all signatures and employer's COVID Safety Procedures have not been received.
- Students must take the completed Permit to Employ and Work (Form B1-4) back to the employer.
If you do not have access to a printer you can pick up the B1-1 from Lisa Sounn, in the main office at Stagg.
- Work Permit Applications must be signed by the employer.
- A parent or guardian must also sign the application.
- The student’s social security number is required to process a work permit.
- Student ID will be verified through district records.
- The completed “official” work permit is signed by the student and the Work Experience Coordinator.
- Each new job requires a new work permit.
- Minimum 2.0 GPA required for a work permit and no F’s.
- Summer work permits expire August 10, 2020.
Last Modified on October 12, 2020